Chapter 8

The thing you guys have been asking for(THE DATE)

Kissed don't lie by Rihanna is an awesome song.

Just saying.

Hope you guys like it!

******************************************************************************************************************************

Angela's POV

Archer has been missing for the past three days.

The heavens had finally answered my prayers.

That was a joke. But it meant that if he was at home sick, he wouldn’t be able to go on our date. The number of people who have asked me what had happened to him was so shockingly large that I shuddered at the thought of it all. Civilization needs to learn that my world does not revolve around Archer freaking Harrison just because he ‘s interested in me.

He could have been abducted by aliens for all I care.

But, somehow… I couldn’t help but miss his annoying smirk that drove me crazy all the time…

Oh, god, how did that thought even pop into my head?

Well, everything was going fine until the text I received during our lunch break. Vic peered over my shoulder, the Greek salad in front of her ignored.

Angel,

Tonight, six pm.

You know, I’m pretty sure you’re looking forward to it.

“He calls you Angel?” She asked incredulously, her eyes wide open in surprise and glee.

“Yes.” I rolled my eyes at her reaction, which was to screech in joy, attracting the attention of everybody in the canteen before turning her attention back to me.

“Nicknames are a very good sign. Apparently, he’s not too sick to go on a date with you, Angel.” She placed her emphasis on the last word, grinning.

I deleted the message immediately, and ignored Vic’s speculations on what was going to happen on the date.

Let’s just say that he was definitely not going to see what was going to hit him.

I was so damn restless when I got back home, so I sprawled on my couch and turned on the TV, occasionally allowing myself to steal glances at the clock that was ticking away.With less than an hour to spare, I decided it was time to make a move. My bag was ready and was placed near the door, packed with all the necessary essentials.

If Archer thought I was going to play his game, the boy was so wrong. I was planning to leave the house and camp out in our beach villa, soaking up some sun over the weekend. I was not a coward, he just played dirty to get what he wanted. But I play dirtier.

Smiling contentedly, I grabbed the car keys and was locking the door behind me.

So far, so good.

Or so I thought.

“Now, where do you think you’re going?” A very familiar voice called out, and I groaned.

This was not happening. Vic was already halfway into my driveway, her face in a scowl. I froze in my tracks like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

“You know, I had the strangest feeling that you were up to no good and will you just look at who’s in a hurry to leave for their beach villa,” She continued, never breaking her gaze from me.