11

Fall approached the couple suddenly, to which Marinette noticed Adrian acting strange when they are around each other. They continued doing lovey dovey couple things, it's just the dates became a weekly event. Every weekend was Netflix night where they cuddle and fall asleep in each other's arms in the living room. Twice a month Adrien takes Marinette to a fancy restaurant to talk and then take a night stroll around the park. Marinette was grateful for every lunch date they had next to the Seine every other day when schedule allowed. It wasn't annoying, but she noticed how attached Adrien is to her for in a good way.

The day at work at Gabriel's company seemed busy but slow for Marinette. She had a lot on her to do list at work and the chattering coworkers wasn't really helping. She had already been told once not to use headphones at work unless she was drawing new designs, but that wasn't on her list today. Her job today was to pick out fabrics, organize photos from photoshoots, and fill a work order of any fabric they need. She didn't dread it, she just wanted someone to talk to or simply listen to music as she worked.

"Marinette." Grabriel said as he walked into her office without knocking. This annoyed her, but she expected it from him.

"Can I help you, sir?" she asked, putting down the bolt of satin fabric.

"I want to give you a day off." He ordered. "You are dismissed from work as of now." He said, turning to walk away.

"W-What? Why?" she asked. "Isn't Adrien still busy with today's photoshoot?" she asked.

"He said he had an important task to do." Gabriel said, turning to her. "Speaking of, he told me to give you this." He pulled a note from his coat and handed it to her. "Have a wonderful day, Marinette." He said, walking out again.

She didn't have any words, not even enough time to thank him for giving her a day off. She grabbed her sweater from the closet and wrapped it around herself. She opened the note and read it aloud.

"Good afternoon, Bugaboo. I hope today went well, but allow me to make it amazing. Go outside and meet up with me outside. Love, Adrien Agreste."

Marinette rode the elevator down to the lobby and exited the building. She didn't find Adrien, she found one of his drivers holding the door open for her.

The driver drove the young woman to one of the busiest shopping squares in the city. Out all places to be dropped off in her opinion.

As soon the car stopped, Marinette stepped out of the car and watched the crowd curiously. She was praying that she wasn't going to be noticed since she had been seen a lot lately with the blonde model. She looked at the signs of the boutiques offered in the square, the people walking side by side each other, and then a small group of people gathered around a couple street performers. she walked close to the street performers and noticed they were singing of love in French.

She fell in love with the tempo and the meaning each phrase of the song meant, simply a song of young love in the city of Paris.

Once the song was over, Marinette reached into her bag to pick out the change in her wallet to give them, but she was the only person they stopped out of the group of Parisians who watched them.

"Are you Miss Dupain-Cheng?" asked the woman.

"She fits the picture he showed us." The man chuckled. He noticed Marinette's confused look and nodded at the woman. "She seems to be the one."

The woman nodded in agreement and reached into her instrument case to pick up a box and a note. "It's heavy, but he said it's for later." She said, winking at her.