4. A Long Dark Night.

As soon as he touched my wrist, it began to turn a bluish black color. I tried to pull away but he had a really firm grip. I did the only thing that came into my head. I grabbed the table lamp and brought it down, hard on his head, causing it to break into pieces. He let go of my arm and I jumped off my bed.

But then he yelled in rage and it hurt my head so bad that I fell to the ground. My ears began bleeding again. He came towards me, picked me up and threw me against the wall and I crumpled down. I gave up. My head got a wound on the back and was bleeding. I could only hear the heartbeat in my chest and the blood throbbing in my head and I didn't feel fear anymore, only pain. "This is it",I thought,"This is the end." And I was ready. Ready to die. There was nothing I could do. Even if I manage to hurt him now, his one scream was enough to explode my brain. So I just lay there with nothing to do, not even trying to defend myself.

But then I saw a ray of hope. Under my desk -my lighter that I thought was lost. I began thinking- he hates light, that's why the weather is always cloudy and the power keeps going off. I used up all the courage I had left and picked up the lighter, flicked it on and threw it at his leg. It instantly caught fire. He screamed, and this time it knocked me out.

***********

My head was still spinning when I woke up. The bleeding had stopped but it still hurt. My whole body was aching. I sat up slowly. My room was bathing in the bright July sun. I looked out of the window and smiled. Everything was bright and cheerful outside. Birds were chirping, the trees were swaying with the wind. I got up and stretched myself. I looked for the book, but it was gone.

I went down to see Mom And Dan. I wondered how they didn't wake up when we were making such a racket in my room. When I went into Mom's room, I couldn't see her anywhere. I yelled out for both of them but didn't get any reply.

Panicked, I began to search everywhere for them. And I found them both. Mom-in the closet, knife in her throat, eyes and mouth open and her body a purpulish color. And Dan- on his bed, knife in the eye and neck broken. There was still terror on his innocent face.

I held him on my lap and cried over his limbless body. I shook him, yelled at him to wake up. I asked him to talk to me cause I was dying to hear his voice just once. And I knew I won't be able to survive a day without his laugh, his voice, his smile, his cute face.

I wanted him to say something. I was ready to listen to his babbling for the whole day, I just wanted him back. He was scared of the book. I shouldn't have brought it home in the first place. I am the reason my mom and my brother aren't with me anymore.

***********

A few weeks later, a urprising thing happened. I saw 'The Life Of Andrew Watson' again. In the same library, on the same blackened spot. I stared at it for a while, while assuming what happened. Watson was still searching for more victims to come alive. He didn't kill me because he thought I was dead. I turned to call Emily to show her the book. But she never saw it, cause it was gone.