23

"What if no one wants to hire me and I'm poor forever?" Harry asks, his leg bouncing as they drive into downtown and closer to Kings.

"Someone will hire you and if they don't we can fight then," Louis promises. Harry smiles at the silly sentiment and looks at all the places he used to visit as a kid. So many memories all packed into one place.

"Let's hope it doesn't get to that," Harry concludes and Louis nods in agreement. They're pulling into the parking lot of Kings and Harry's chest squeezes at the sight. It's so much bigger and nicer than he remembered. He used to walk by here every day and watch the students mill around the campus, wishing he was one of them.

Louis shuts off the car and gets out but Harry just stays and keeps looking. He looks at the students with books walking to class and the different groups and friends and couples. He should've been here when he graduated. He should be in his second or third year, laughing with friends and feeling good.

A wave of resentment consumes him as he thinks about this. As he thinks about all these things he's missed out on because Ricky said no; because he let him say no. Louis is patiently waiting outside and Harry builds his strength and gets out of the car and walks towards him. He seems calm but his eyes give him away. They always do.

"Feeling okay?" Louis asks, trying for casual but having an undertone of worry. Harry looks around and then looks at him and he nods.

"Yeah. I just can't believe I'm here," Harry admits, letting his awe overpower his anger. Louis just nods and Harry feels his hand brush against him but he doesn't hold it.

"Do you want to see anything?" Louis wonders, leading him farther into the campus than he's ever been. Everything is so well cared for and beautiful. Harry can't imagine himself here with his old, holey jeans and shirts.

"No. I'm okay with wherever we go," Harry answers, his eyes drinking in every detail. Could he get in here if he applied? He could walk these paths with Louis and the others or make friends of his own. He could be a new person; a stronger person.

Louis is taking him to a large building, covered in ivy. It looks old but well reserved. Harry notices a group of people sitting on the stone steps outside and they all look up and smile as Louis gets close to them.

"Hey, Lou," a cute boy greets him. He has dark everything and startlingly white teeth. He's tall and well toned and his voice is deep and soothing. He turns his almost black eyes to Harry and smiles at him too.

"This is my bo-buddy Harry," Louis introduces him, his cheeks flaming pink at his little stutter. Harry looks at him curiously and his heartbeats excitedly at the word he almost said.

"Hi, Harry, I'm James," the man sticks his hand out and Harry is quick to shake it.

"I'm just showing him around the theatre. He's applying to go here next year," Louis tells him.

"Awesome! You'll love it here. The teachers are all excellent and the campus is beautiful as you can see. What are you taking?" James has this certain reassuring calm about him that soothes Harry to his core.

"I want to take something in health. Nursing or pharmacy," Harry answers him, his voice low and small as usual. James doesn't seem to mind his quiet demeanour though and nods.

"Good things to take. I'm sure you won't have any problem getting in," he smiles at him again and Harry is quick to return it.

"I'm going to continue the tour. See you later?" Louis offers, starting to walk up the steps slowly.

"Yeah. I'm actually having a small party at my house Friday... You should really come," James tells him, his voice dropping and becoming sensual instead of soothing. Harry shifts on the steps and watches as Louis considers.