Chapter 6

Katelyn lay in her bed, late at night. It was midnight. She'd been trying to get to sleep for hours, considering how she'd been up until three watching OUAT (Once Apon a Time).

Aphmau still wasn't home. Aaron promised he'd have her home after dinner. From what Katelyn remembered, at least.

She sighed. Aphmau had better just live with Aaron, if she would just forget her friends.

"Is this what having a boyfriend means?" Katelyn whispered to herself aloud.

She rolled over, flipping her powder-blue hair out of her face. She took her phone off the nightstand and texted Aphmau a simple, three-word text.

Katelyn: Bows before bros.

Glancing at the time on her phonescreen, she saw it was one-thirty am. Katelyn rubbed her eyes, sitting upright on her bed.

She changed out of her PJs, putting on some clean clothes, and scrawled a note to Kawaii~Chan in messy cursive.

Went out for a walk. Be back soon.
—Katelyn

Just in case Kawaii~Chan walked in to the room while she was gone.

She closed the door behind her, and took a deep breath, inhaling the perfect, crisp morning air. The stars twinkled in the heavens, like sparkly black nail polish. There was a slight breeze, tossing the grass and bushes around like paper airplanes.

I should take 1:30 walks more often, Katelyn thought. The weather is flawless this time of morning.

Suddenly, the door opened across the street, revealing a familiar, handsome white-haired guy, with his dark green hoodie pulled up around his face.

"Travis?" Katelyn whispered to herself.

"Katelyn!" Travis called. "How's it hangin', baby girl?"

"Travis, shut up!" Katelyn hissed, rushing across the street to shush him.

"Oh," Travis said, more quietly. "Right. One in the morning. Sorry."

"It's fine," Katelyn whispered. "Why are you up at one?"

"Um, Dante spent the night at Nicole's." Travis shoved his hands in his hoodie. "I was gonna go over and get him. Don't want, uh, stuff to happen."

"WHAT?!" Katelyn screeched. "That bastard's as good as dead!"

"Wow!" Travis whispered. "Chill out, babe. Let's go together. I'll just hold you back."

Katelyn took a deep breath, trying to calm her frantic nerves. "You're right."
««»»
Travis and Katelyn walked to Nicole's with a quiet walk.

"Are you cold, babe?" Travis asked, actually serious. "You can, uh, have my hoodie if you want."

Katelyn blushed. She hid her face with her hair. "T-thanks. But I'm good."

Travis reddened. "Not in that way. I mean, unless you want—"

"Travis," Katelyn interrupted. She turned to face his emerald eyes. The two stopped walking.

"Y-yes?"

"Listen," she began. "Do you honestly have feelings for me?"

Travis' jaw dropped. "Huh?"

Katelyn didn't take her gaze off his eyes. The sparkled, like the morning stars. "I said, do you honestly have feelings for me?"

"W-wow, that escalated quickly, if you know what I mean." Travis glanced away from Katelyn. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"You're avoiding the question."

"Katelyn," Travis whispered. "I really, uh, don't know. I mean, well..."

"It's okay, Travis," Katelyn said. "You're pretty cute, to be honest."

"Really?" Travis blushed. "Thanks."

Katelyn played with Travis's hoodie string. "Really."

His eyes widened a little, and he flipped his white hair out of his face. His hand reached Katelyn's cheek.

She stopped playing with his hoodie and met his gaze.

Travis cupped her cheek with his hand, bringing her closer and closer to his lips. They both closed their eyes, waiting for the moment.

Suddenly, Katelyn realized what she was doing.

She was about to kiss Travis.

She opened her eyes and pushed him away. "I guess we should go check on Nicole and Dante."

Travis turned beet red. "Oh. Right."

Taken from Jellal XD (Fairy Tail)

Soooooo sorry, this literally took FOREVER to write out, even though it's short af. I'm at the peak of my writer's block right now. Also, this book isn't getting a lot of reads. At least, not as much as my other fanfics. Should I put it on hold?

xxx,
vylad