Chapter 4

Katelyn and Travis made their way to the maid restaurant, without much talk. Travis would throw in the occasional bad pickup line, constantly reminding Katelyn that just because he'd acted like a gentleman right after the con, he was still Travis. She'd also had to restrain herself from knocking him out—he was paying for the food, after all.

"Table for two," Travis said, once they'd gotten to the café.

The waiter nodded and directed them to a small rectangle table with a pretty view of the city.

"Your waitress will be here in just a second," the waiter said.

The awkwardness between the two was inevitable—Katelyn stared off into the city and Travis had his eyes fixed on the oak table.

"The view is pretty," Katelyn commented.

"Yeah, but you're—" Travis began, but Katelyn whirled around and Travis flinched. "Sorry ma'am."

"Hello and welcome—KATELYN~SAMA AND TRAVIS~KUN?!" their waitress exclaimed.

"KAWAII~CHAN?!" both Katelyn and Travis said in unison.

"Eeeeeeeee!" Kawaii~Chan exclaimed in an ear-splitting fangirl screech, jumping up and down. "Katelyn~Sama and Travis~Kun are on a date! Kawaii~Chan smells a new ship docking at the harbor!"

Travis blushed, and didn't deny that they were on a date.

Katelyn, however, did. "We're just out as friends, Kawaii~Chan, nothing more."

"Awww~" Kawaii~Chan looked crestfallen. "Anyways, may Kawaii~Chan take your order?"

Katelyn glanced at the menu. "Um, I guess I'll take the Super Kawaii~ Salad... that was awkward to say."

Travis laughed quietly. "I'll take what she's having."

"EeEEEeeeeeEeEe!" Kawaii~Chan exclaimed while jotting down their requests on a notepad. "Kawaii~Chan will be right back. Oh! She almost forgot drinks."

This time, Travis ordered first. "I'll just have a Coke."

Nooo... Travis, you didn't! Katelyn cursed under her breath. She wanted a Coke. She knew if she ordered one, Kawaii~Chan might go crazy, because she'd think they were on an official date.

"Sprite," Katelyn said.

"Okay, hehe~! Kawaii~Chan will be back with drinks!"

"Hey look," Travis said, pointing to a couple just walking in. "It's Aphmau and Aaron!"

"Ugh, no," Katelyn muttered.

"Why? Aphmau's your best friend, and you said you'd want Aaron to date her instead of any of us."

"Because." Katelyn rapped her fingers on the oak. "Aphmau hasn't been home since the con. She hasn't talked to either of us. She's just been with Aaron, forgetting who her friends are. Kawaii~Chan said that she wants Aph home, even though Aarmau is her OTP."

"Yikes. Maybe you could reconnect with her now. Aaron! Aphmau!"

"Travis!" Katelyn hissed. "You know what Aphmau's gonna do when she sees—"

"Hi Travis!" Aphmau said, waving. "Is that..."

"KATELYN?!" both Aaron and Aphmau exclaimed.

Katelyn's face turned bright red.

The couple sat down next to them, much to Katelyn's disliking.

"Ee!" Aphmau said. "I can't believe you're finally dating!"

"We're not dating. Though I'd like that," Travis said suggestively.

"In your dreams!" Katelyn shot back. "And what's your name?" she asked sarcastically, turning to Aphmau. "I seem to recall a certain friend who looked like you, but dissed her old friends for her boyfriend."

"Ouch," Aphmau said. "Look, Katelyn, it's only one more night. Then, I'll be back with you and Kawaii~Chan."

Aaron looked kind of guilty. "Sorry, Kate."

"Don't call me Kate," Katelyn said bitterly. She wasn't planning to be on friend-terms with her best friend's boyfriend. "Anyway, is this a date for you two?"

Aphmau nodded. "Yup! And with you guys here, it can be a double date!"

Katelyn narrowed her eyes. "I though we said we weren't dating. Just out for some food as friends." She buried her face in her elbow.

"Aww, Katelyn!" Travis rubbed the top of her head. "See look, Kawaii~Chan's almost—oh no."

"EEEEEEEEE!" Katelyn picked her head up to here and piercing scream. It was none other than Kawaii~Chan.

The Meif'wa snapped a picture with her phone. "AHH! Aphmau~Senpai and Aaron~Kun are on a date! Eeeee! Kawaii~Chan is so happy! Her ship is sailing! Smooth waters ahead for the S.S. Aarmau!"

Aphmau blushed and glanced away—Kawaii~Chan had attracted the attention of the whole café. Aaron twiddled his thumbs in his lap, his face bright red.

"Are you guys on a double date?!" Kawaii~Chan asked, following a high-pitched squeal.

"No! Just because I went out for lunch with Travis does not mean I like him! Can people just stop thinking that?!" Katelyn screamed. She got up from her seat and stormed out the café, and began walking aimlessly around town.

Date, date, date. That's all people want to see between Travis and me. I don't even like him that way! All I wanted was a quiet afternoon with a nice guy. Travis, underneath all that flirting, is a nice guy. I know he cares about me, but I don't wanna date him!

Katelyn sped into the park, sitting on a bench and watching the lake, with it's many fisherman, casting their hooks and lines into the water. She caught sight of a couple on a boat together. Jealousy rushing through her veins, she averted her eyes. She wondered if that could be Jeffory and her sometime. But Jeffory was far away. Probably kissing another girl. She felt sick to her stomach.

"Hey, Katelyn."

Soo... Dreams of Estorra comes out today, and I'm so excited! Eep! If you were confused by the ending of this chapter, Katelyn just heard another person say "hey katelyn". That's pretty much it :P. Now, I have some anime to watch—I MEAN work to do!! Yeah, heheheheheh *laughs nervously*

xxx,
vylad