[Chapter 1]

Chapter [1]

We were in the hospital. Not actually me and Noah ourselves, Noah had sped out of the other car's way. Because of him, I'm still alive. The other car... Wasn't so lucky. They said she was drunk probably, and we hadn't caused her to crash into the park's play structure but I still felt guilty for he poor woman. The doctor's were actually trying to contact her family members. They still hadn't let us see her, the said she was too mauled up.

Suddenly my phone rang, the call was marked as urgent so I picked up imediatly. Noah raised a brow at me and I shrugged.

"Hello is this Lisey Ricks. Daughter of Anne Ricks?"

I bit my lip,"We have your mother here. At the hospital. She was is a horrible car accident, we would like you to come in and see her."

I dropped my cell.

Noah looked at me, worried.

"Lisey, love? Are you all right?"

I shook my head no and sprinted out of the waiting room, I couldn't describe the rush of emotions I was feeling.

How could I? I was angry. Angry for her drinking to cause her to idiotically ram into a metal playground. I was scared. What if the couldn't save her?! I was worried. She was too mauled up for us to see her earlier. If they couldn't save save my Mommy... I don't know what I'd do.

Mommy... I haven't called her that since I was seven. Before the drinking began.

I got to the door of the emergency room. Noah wasn't too far behind me, he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer "What's the matter, love?" he kissed the side of my head sweetly and I calmed a little.

"Th-that's my Mommy..." When did I start crying? I felt the tears pouring down my face onto my dress.

Noah gasped at me, "It can't be! No!" he sounded worried, but he couldn't be. He was my rock, my stable place. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and let the tears fall. This all felt so real. Well... It is so I guess that's expected, but it feels impossible, I mean what are he chances that the other driver had been my own mother. What were the chances that she was even out!? She never left the house! Why that night did she decide to.

The door opened. I pulled away from Noah and faced the doctor.

"You two? I sent you home." I teared up more.

Trembling, I spoke. "That's my Mom."

I was ushered in to see my Mommy, but no matter how much I begged they wouldn't let Noah in swell. He wasn't 'family.'

Well he's the closest thing to family I've had in a long time.

I stood alone back to my mother's door. How long had I been there? they'd finished her surgery and now she was on life support. They said that they had contacted my mother's sister. I didn't even know she had