Chapter 9

here's a longer chapter to make up for my crappy short ones :))

alsooooo, slight homophobia but not a lot.

*

italics= flash backs

"Mitchy, come on babe. Wake up, Luca's here."

I awoke to Scott's soothing baritone voice and something being placed on my chest. I opened my eyes to see a few nurses unhooking me. Scott was standing next to be, placing Luca on my chest.

"What time is it?" I whisper out, moving my hands to cradle Luca's head.

"It's 9, you get released at 12." Scott stood by the door, waiting.

"Wonderful. Why are you standing over there?" I scooted over in the hospital bed, allowing room for Scott. He just shook his head.

"Do you want some food? I was gonna go down to the cafeteria and get some food." He explained, setting his hand on the door knob.

"I could use some food, get me whatever." I smiled at the blue eyed boy, the eyes staring back as bright as they were when he asked me out.

"So we've been friends for as long as I can remember..." Scott spoke, looking around the empty beach we were at.

"And, actually, I've liked you a lot, as soon as I met you. You were sweet and kind and just lit up a room when you walked in. You shared your cookies and chips with me at snack time and I remember fantasizing our past together." He let out a chuckle and got on his knee.

I gasped as tears pricked my eyes.

"Well, better get to the point. Will you, Mitch Grassi, do me the honor and become my spoilt rotten, bratty but amazing and loving, boyfriend?" He looked up at me, eyes bright with hope as he awaited my response.

"Please?" He popped in.

"Of course, you giant!" I let a few tears slip as I answered.

Scott mouth went agape as he grasped my hand in his, kissing it softly. He stood up, wrapping his arms around me and squeezing me tight as he lifted me off my feet.

"I love you, more than the sun and moon combined."

"Babe? I brought you this sandwich thing, they had nothing good." Scott interrupted my flashback, setting the boxed sandwich in front of me.

"Oh, uh, thank you." I answered, flashing a small smile at him.

"Are you- um, nevermind." He stopped, sitting on a chair.

"I'm fine. I swear, I was just thinking." I opened the box of food as Scott spoke.

"About what?"

"The day you asked me out. I remember how happy you were when I said yes." I laughed. "You made sure I was comfortable with everything you did. Holding my hand, hugging me, kissing me, sex. It was nice. You really loved me." I explained.

"And I still do. I never stopped." Scott reached over, grasping my hand and pecking a small kiss onto the top of it.

"Me either, you giant bear." I smiled at him.

"Now, would you eat and I hold Luca?" I nodded to him as I handed Luca to him.

"My parents are coming later." I said, taking a bite of the dry, turkey sandwich.

"Wonderful, I need to talk to your dad... about Luca." He told me, sounding a bit suspicious. I continued to eat in silence while Scott cooed at Luca, caressing his chubby baby cheeks.