Chapter 5

Yay! Next chapter. This one's kinda boring in my opinion, so I'm sorry, but I have some necessary filler stuff to take care of! 

I love this song, and keep listening to it without realizing lol

Picture of Greg to the side! 

Make sure to vote and comment! <3 

______________________________________________________________________

I was watching as Ian’s bags were taken downstairs, and I felt an irritated itchiness when I saw Genevieve make her way down the stairs as well, doing something or other on her iPad. I felt my lip twitch as she put her arm on Ian’s shoulder. “We need to head out or we’ll miss the flight.” Ian nodded and walked over to me, giving me a light kiss on my cheek.

“You stay safe while I’m away, okay?” He whispered to me, pressing his forehead to mine.

“I’m always safe.” I replied and was met with a flat look. I laughed. “Okay, okay. I’ll stay safe. Have fun in Beijing.” I started, then I glanced over at Genevieve and scowled. “But not too much fun.”

“I’ll get you something pretty.” He said, pulling me close and kissing me.

“Ahem! We have to go!” Genevieve snapped and Ian pulled away with a groan. I rolled my eyes and turned to Genevieve.

“Hey! It’s his plane. It’s not like it’s going to leave without him!” Genevieve narrowed her eyes and looked back to her tablet.

“I should go though. I don’t want to keep father waiting in the car. You know how he gets.” Ian said.

“Yeah,” He kissed me again, and a few times on the cheek and forehead before being ushered out the door. I jumped when I felt an arm on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be back before you know it.” Christine told me and I almost screamed when I felt arms curl around my leg. I looked down and smiled at Alex.

“What are you doing?” I asked him, laughing at his sour expression. “What’s wrong?”

“Mum’s sending me away.” He pouted and I gave him a sympathetic look. Cassie had plans to send Alex to the same boarding school Ian had attended. It was not something he was looking forward to and Regina already had another family she was going to work for after December. As much as I hated to say it, I was relieved in a way. With Alex taken care of away at school, it was one less thing I had to worry about. I already had enough on my mind as is. With my upcoming princess lessons with Christoph, Ian being off in another country, Christine being the way she is, and a wedding to plan I was stretched thin.

“Don’t worry, you’ll love the academy. You’ll make a whole bunch of friends.” I assured him with a light kiss on his forehead. I turned back to Christine as Alex ran to the kitchen and she gave me a small smile. “What?” I asked her.

“You’re worrying. I can tell.”

“Well, why shouldn’t I?” I snapped defensively. “That floozy is going to be alone with Ian, working closely with him and I can’t take it! This is exactly how Ian and I started, and she’s prettier than me. She’s going to steal him away, and I can’t take that, I can’t….” I started feeling short of breath and Christine led me into a chair. I clutched my chest and winced. That stupid scar still hurt. Christine called out to someone and I waved it away. “No, I’m fine.” I assured her.

“Stop being stupid. I told you that stopping physical therapy early was stupid.”

“I’m fine.” I growled. “I don’t have time for physical therapy.”