Chapter 16 - "We're not friends, we're just working together."

Chapter 16

Harry's POV

I hated his guts so much. I wanted to slap that stupid and irritating smirk off of his face.

"Uh-uh-uh, you said you wouldn't interrupt. Now shut up, listen to what I have to say so we can go find Annie. Let's stop wasting time."

"Why do we even need to know the story? Why can't we just go!" He was getting on my nerves; the thought of simply punching him and knocking him out crossed my mind, but the information he was holding was what kept me constrained from doing so.  

"Harry, just shut up for once and listen to him", Niall said, shooting me a glare from where he was. Niall was taking his side. Niall was actually taking his side. I gave up and collapsed onto the couch, putting my head in between my hands and staring at the floor. (Also keeping my mouth shut because that obviously was getting me nowhere).

"Thanks for that. Well basically I wasn't this random angel that showed up in her life, which I'm sure she told you I was. " He looked me provokingly. My stomach twisted in disgust at his words. What was he trying to say? Was he in on the kidnapping? My hands clenched in fists, ready to attack if he was just playing with Annie and didn't actually care or her. His next words would determine his physical capabilities. 

"I knew about what happened to Annie because both my dad and her dad were in the same gang. My dad disappeared a long time ago, way before Annie's had so I knew what it was like. When everyone found out about what Troy did to Annie I wanted to help her so badly. I remember hearing Troy's name being mentioned before by my dad over the phone, I have no idea what Annie's dad was planning to do with him, but I knew it wasn't safe. Before I could do anything, even though I could barely do anything anyways, Annie's father was killed and I know for a fact that it was by this same gang."

I relaxed into my seat, he only wanted to help her similarly to what Niall and I had been doing.  

"Now how does this help us? We already know that her father was killed by the gang thanks to me and my relationship with Annie's dead stepsister", I replied harshly. It was like I couldn't even control the words slipping out my mouth anymore. I was fuming with frustration and anger and confusion and anxiety all at the same time. 

"No, you don't understand" this time I noticed Zayn's voice crack, and there were no witty remarks coming from him. "Once you ask for something with this-gang, it never goes well. There's always a price to pay and it's usually someone's life. When my father disappeared I did everything I could to try and find out what happened. I was so confused and shocked by everything, I slowly came to learn. And then, there was a note left at our house one night." Zayn turned his back towards us.

"My sister left a note saying that she had received a call from the same gang to meet her, I don't know where I don't know when. She was so stupid to go in the first place. She hasn't returned since and searched every corner of the city to find her. But I know where that place is now, and if I'm lucky, they might have kept her alive."

"Zayn, I'm so sorry about you sister and all, but how did you find out where they are?" Niall comfortingly placed his hand on Zayn's shoulder.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that we don't have much time and before they even touch Annie we need to get there and find her."

I sprang up from the couch and grabbed my keys. "For fuck sakes, finally something I agree with. Now let's go."

Zayn and Niall nodded following right behind me. I really hated this Zayn guy, and I'm sure the feeling was mutual. I never ever thought that the both of us would have to work together to find someone we both loved. I just wasn't sure if he was telling the complete truth...