Chapter 1 - "The Beginning of My Story."

Chapter 1

 Some say happy endings exist, some say the don't. Fairytales, myths... they're all a bunch of bullshit. Judging from my life, things didn't always work out that great.

Love. That word means so much.

The pain, the stress, the emotions, the feelings....the one word means a million different words. But who ever thought, that love could ever be the biggest mistake you ever made.

My life, wasn't always perfect - until he came along. Once he did, I thought everything was right. I loved him, he loved me.

What more could a person ask for? But then there's another word among the many words I've just mentioned-death.

Death.

The only thing that could tear two loved ones apart for good.

And here's my story.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold winters day in London, nothing unusual. The weather here was downright freezing. I rubbed my freezing hands onto my arms hoping it would keep me warm... yeah not much of a difference. I was walking down the street on my own, it was barley  the evening yet. Just late afternoon I assumed.... but I heard footsteps behind me.

I heard them coming closer and closer... I thought that the more I ignored it, it would go away. I was just being paranoid. There was no one possibly following me. I crossed my fingers, hoping nothing would happen to me. If only I had a chance to say something to my parents before I left the house this morning, if only I said goodbye to my friends Jamie, and Taylor.

But no, I hadn't. I loved them all

There was a stop sign in front of me. This was my chance. Either fate would make my death occur any second now, or let me live. I had no idea why I was being so paranoid. This was a busy street, there was no way something would happen to me here? Then why worry? 

The stop sign finally came up...I took a step ahead, and a final deep breath. I turned around and there he was. He covered me with his jacket quickly and pulled me close to him tightly but gently at the same time.

His hands were carefully fitting my skinny arms into the sleeves of the jacket. His slow and cold breathe was breathing down on me. I looked up... and saw those bright blue eyes.

Then I smiled.

"You loser, wearing such a thin sweater in the middle of winter? Thankfully I'm always here for you." He pulled back after a long moment of warming me up.

I laughed thanking god that it was only my best friend, Niall.

He had been with me through everything, although I'm not fully sure of what?

He was always so protective of me...sometimes even over protective.

I didn't understand why I need so many people to take care of me, but that's okay.

I didn't understand a lot of things anymore. I decided it was best for me not to question everything.

"Thanks Niall, I really needed that." I told him warming up already by the jacket.

He smiled brightly letting his braces show. It was good knowing I had a friend with me at all times that I could count on. I had Jamie and Taylor, but Niall was my closest friend. 

"So where are you headed to today?" Niall asked me, as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

I shrugged my shoulders unsure,"I have no idea, I just went out for a walk."