Chapter Seventeen

Hello my lovelies! Sorry it has been awhile, but I am back and with lots of juicy chapters to entertain you! *DISCLAIMER this chapter has some swearing in, so I am warning you now :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Click the vote button if you liked this chapter as it really helps me out! Yay for regular chapter updates from now on aye?!!! *does happy dance* Anyway, enjoy my lovely readers and I will update again soon!

Chapter song: Save my Soul by JoJo (I swear she made the best comeback EVER, all her new songs are the bomb.com)

Previously:

He swung the front door open and looked outside, the darkness was unsettling. I stood watching from the kitchen. There was no way I was leaving Emilia here all alone.

Caius looked deadly. The rain bit at his skin, soaking his clothes, his hair. Drops feel into his eyes as the stood in the middle of the road.

"Come out you bastard! I know you're there!" He shouted. The vein in his neck was strained as he spoke.

I gasped. The look in his eyes frightened me. I had never seen this side of Caius before.

A dark shadow appeared from across the street. I screamed out.

"Caius!" I shouted in warning. Caius turned and grinned at the shadow before reaching back, pulling out a gun of the back of his jeans.

"Yeah, that's right, let's settle this like men." He sneered.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

That was the first time I had ever been frightened by and for the same person. On one end, I didn't want Caius to get hurt. I couldn't imagine him getting hurt on my behalf for any reason. I was the protector, not the person who stands back and lets the people she cares about get hurt. I was scared for him.

My eyes shifted between the two men, who were glaring each other into the concrete. The air was suffocated with wild with unspoken tension. Their firsts were both clenched, angry. I saw Caius' hand clutch the gun and all that ran through my head was how I didn't notice it before? How I let Emilia and I get so close to something- no someone so dangerous, yet safe.

The man lifted his top lip into a snarl. "Come on boy; put that away before you get yourself hurt."

Caius laughed a little before stepping forward in a threatening step. "The only person who will get hurt is you, Kurt. Leave, and never come near Clara again."

"You see squirt, I'm afraid I can't do that." The man remained in the shadows, yet I could just make out the small shake of his head as he spoke.

"What's stopping you?" Caius sneered.

"Boss said to get them no matter what. That little lady has a sweet price plastered to her little forehead, and I plan on cashing in my reward."

Caius clicked the safety off the gun before lifting it into the air.

"You can tell your boss, to fuck off. She's mine." Caius spoke; his voice thundering through the streets like something wicked. "Clara, get inside now."

"What? No." I spoke, my voice stuttering in fear.

"I said, get inside Clara!" He shouted.

The rain pelted all around us, the hair on my neck stood up as Caius clicked the safety on the gun. I turned back towards the café, where Emilia lay sleeping, oblivious to what was happening. My hair whipped around my frame as I turned, icy remnants of rain ran down my t-shirt.