Chapter Nine

Hello lovelies! Welcome to the magical chapter nine! I hope you enjoy! Unedited.... sorry not sorry. Hope you like XD 

Previously:

We broke apart, gasping for air. My fingers had found their way into his hair, his arms wrapped around my waist holding my body flush with his.

"Now that's what I call a kiss."

CHAPTER NINE

Caius and I jumped back from each other. Staring at the doorway, the nurse stood there holding new packets of bandaging. Her eyes told us that she wasn't surprised to see us in such an intimate position. A blush spread across my cheeks as I noticed the doctor beside her, his eyes wide in shock.

"Come on, young lady, time to change your bandages." She took a step forward and led my back to the main bed. Caius scooped Emilia of it and placed her on the arm chair. She shuffled before opened her eyes, blinking multiple times. She let out a yawn before cuddling back into the cushion. Her little eyes lit up as she watched me.

Looking around, I glanced uncomfortably at Caius and the doctor who stood at the back. I was afraid they'd see the old bruises as well as the new, my stomach dotted with purple, yellow and deep red from cuts. The nurse nodded at them to leave, they moved towards the door, Caius turning back to me giving me a concerning look, before shutting the door behind them.

The nurse lifted my top and gasped.

"Sweetie..." She whispered. "This is bad." Turning back to the door, she opened it gently and spoke to someone out of the room. Suddenly, the doctor came in.

I Jumped and tried to cover myself with the hospital gown. She started whispering to him in a hushed tone. I was confused. What was so wrong? Peaking under my gown I frowned.

The nurse turned to me and smiled. "Don't worry, sweets, we just need some more supplies."

The doctor turned to me before lifting my top gently. Pressing down on my stomach, I clenched my teeth as he applied more pressure. Hissing under my breath, he pressed on my left side more, causing me to cry out in pain. Muttering something under his breath, he turned and conversed with the nurse.

Looking out the room, I saw Caius staring at my stomach. The door had been left open. He felt my gaze on him, his eyes snapping up and looking at me. The doctor tapped on his shoulder. He looked behind him and spoke to the doctors gently. Moving aside, the doctor came in with multiple more bandages and antiseptic.

"Now, Clara, I need you to take a few deep breaths as we do this. It may hurt a little." He explained before pressing down on my stomach again. When I whimpered, he frowned and pressed harder.

"Clara, can I asked how you received these scars?" the doctor asked. His fingeres pressed down on the scar that ran from the top of my left ribs to my hip bone. Shooting a look at the nurse, I replied.

"I fell."

"You fell?" The look on his face told me that he didn't believe a word I said.

The nurse came over and gentle started wiping my cuts. I hissed. The uncomfortable throb of pain had returned from all their prodding. Gently wrapping new bandages around my abdomen, they packed up. The doctor nodded at me.

"Now, Clara, I want you to lie down and get some rest okay? No heavy lifting, no sudden movements, okay? Your bruising is severe, and in order to be fully healed you need to rest."

I nodded before shuffling back onto the bed and lying down. After they had left, Caius walked in with a few things in his hand.

"What are those?" I asked, gesturing to the packages he carried.