Easter Bunny

It had been an ordinary day in Portville, England. The sun had just set and all of the little boys and girls had gone to bed; ready for Easter the next day. Little did they know that the Easter Bunny – or E.B for short – had been very busy...

E.B was getting all of his little rabbit helpers to help pack his Carrot Rocket; full of Easter eggs ready for all of those who believe and maybe the ones who sort of believe. When the clock said that there was one minute till midnight; E.B hopped into his rocket. As soon as he had heard the twelve chimes from the old grandfather clock signalling it was midnight, he was off; flying into the midnight sky.

He flew over Australia; dropping eggs with parachutes connected to them to make sure they land safely. E.B watched as they fell into their hiding spots that he had picked the night before. He flew over China, Japan, Africa, France, Germany and all the other countries; doing the same thing. But something bad happened to E.B as he flew over England. His rocket had run out of gas and he was falling out of the sky!

E.B felt himself falling; falling fast towards the ground. He landed hard but safely on the ground of Portville; by the time he had landed, he was laying on his back watching as the dew drops settled back on the grass around him. E.B sat up and looked around but little did he know that little Daisy Green had heard the little rabbit land.

Little Daisy Green – a picture of perfection in every way possible. Eight years old with large green eyes that were framed by thick black lashes, plump red tinged lips that were always in a pout. Light freckles splattered lightly across her nose and black, glossy, curly hair that hung to her waist – had just dozed off when she heard a soft thud on the ground in her backyard.

She sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes. Quietly she crawled out of bed and tip toed over to her window. Curiously and nervously she peeked out of her window, only to gasp when she saw the sight in front of her. Out the back of her house sat the Easter Bunny and his crashed rocket. She ran to her wardrobe; grabbing her robe and slippers. Quietly without her mum and dad hearing; Daisy slipped out the back door and ran towards the rabbit.

"Oh my, Mr Easter Bunny, are you okay?" Daisy asked him; worry lacing her quiet, English accented voice.

"You know who I am? And yes dear I am okay." E.B asked in disbelief.

"Of course, all of my friends don't believe but I do! I always have and always will, sir!" Daisy told him excitedly.

"Well, little miss, you know who I am but I don't know you name."

"My name is Daisy, Daisy Green. Here at your service, sir." She exclaimed with a salute and a grin.

"Nice to meet you Miss Daisy, call me E.B. Sir makes me feel old," E.B told her as Daisy giggled a tinkling giggle, "I seem to have run out of fuel. Do you have any to spare?"

"Maybe, what does your rocket run on?"

"Carrots." E.B announced as it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, how many do you need?" Daisy questioned; unfazed by his statement.

"About twenty give or take a few."

"Come right this way." Daisy motioned E.B to the back door.

The little rabbit hopped along behind Daisy all the way to the backdoor.

"Wait won't mum and dad see..." She trailed off; noticing the rocket wasn't there.

"Magic dear, now lead the way otherwise there'll be no Easter tomorrow." E.B urged Daisy on.

"Right!" Was all she murmured before racing into the house quietly; E.B hot on her heels.

Once they reached the kitchen, Daisy ran to the fridge and pulled out two bags of carrots.

"Is this enough?" She asked him nervously.

"2... 4... 8... 16... 32. That's more than enough." He exclaimed.

"Goody, take this bag and I'll help you fill the rocket."

With that they raced back out the backdoor to the rocket. After filling the rocket and leaving 12 carrots, E.B was ready to fly again.

"I'll miss you E.B. Come visit again soon." Daisy cried as she hugged the little fluffy fellow.

"It's okay sweetie, there'll be a big surprise for you tomorrow morning. Now go back to bed before you catch a chill. Don't worry you'll see me again." E.B told her as he rubbed her back.

"Thank you E.B. Bye!" She called over her shoulder as she raced back inside.

Once she had shut the door, E.B jumped into his rocket and raced off home after leaving Daisy her surprise and dropping off all of the other eggs.

The next day, Daisy awoke and raced into her parent's room."MUM! DAD! IT'S EASTER!" She squealed in delight.

"Morning Daisy, are you ready to go Easter egg hunting?" Her mum asked her whilst laughing.

"OF COURSE I AM SILLY! LET'S GO!" Daisy screamed running around her parent's room.

She hadn't forgotten what had happened last night and she couldn't wait to see the surprise E.B had left her.

Daisy jumped up and down on the balls of her feet as she waited for her parents to slip on their robes and slide their feet into their slippers.

"Finally, can we go now?"

"Yes dear, let's go." Her dad told her with a chuckle.

Her dad grabbed one hand whilst her mother grabbed her other hand. Daisy pulled them down the stairs excitedly and then let go of their hands once she reached the back door. Daisy pulled the back door open hurriedly and raced outside. On the back doorstep sat a pink basket with a note from E.B saying,

'Dear Daisy,

I've hidden the chocolates and your surprise. Have fun finding them and thank you for the help last night. Have a great Easter!

Much love,

E.B XxOo' She smiled largely then grabbed the basket and ran off to find her eggs and surprise.

Twenty minutes later her basket was full of eggs but she still hadn't found her surprise. Daisy was standing under the big oak tree when she heard a rustling and looked up.

"DAD GRAB THE LADDER PLEASE!" She rejoiced.

A few minutes later her dad appeared with the ladder. He placed it on the ground and she scrambled up it; ready to grab her surprise. After a few seconds she crawled back down the ladder with a large pink bunny in her hands. Daisy beamed at her parents as they walked back inside ready to have pancakes and a cup of Yorkshire Tea.

"This was the best Easter ever..." Daisy whispered out the back door before shutting it; running to the kitchen with her bunny.

E.B hopped out of his hiding place and smiled before saying "I knew she'd like it." With that he disappeared.

The End

© 2016 WP Technology Inc.