You Belong with me

Danielle's POV

So everything from prom to graduation was over. I never had the guts to confess my feelings. I had last seen him at the graduation ceremony. I had lost every chance i.had to tell him. Now the only thing I had to do was get over the love I had since ten.

I had packed all my stuff and was with my parents at the airport. I knew Derick was at the same airport but boarding another plane to a totally different place. I would meet him now only after months. I had never been away from him for so long. I was breaking inside. It hurt like hell.

" Baby have you packed everything?" my mom asked for the tenth time.

"yes mom I did!" I replied.

"Dan I am gonna miss you bad" Blake said dramatically.

"I am not going for ever Blakeey" I teased with his girlfriends pet name for him and she just put his tongue out.

So I was amidst all the goodbyes when I heard that one voice that made my heart stop. My breath was caught in my throath. I turned and there he was standing calling out my name. I ran to him and threw myself in his arms. He hugged me back.

"I will miss you the most" he said, his voice soft and filled with sadness. And then he said something I've wanted to hear forever.

"I love you Danielle! I love you" He said and planted his lips on mine. The kiss was nothing like our first kiss. Then I was unsure of his feelings. There was Ann. But now I knew he loved me and I loved him back. I kissed him back trying to show him I loved him the same.

I pulled back and said, " I love you too Derick." And he had a huge smile on his face. He put a hand in his pocket and removed something. I saw it was a jwellery box. He handed it to me. I opened it and gasped. It was the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen.

He took it out of the box and put it round my neck.

"This is to tell everyone your mine.You always were and always will be." He said and pulled out a similar necklace from under his shirt.

I smiled and said," I love you Derick.Always have and Always will."

This year meant everything to me.It gave me so much to learn.Yes, I held back my feelings, but I want to tell everyone this 'don't hold back' you may never know when you will run out of chances to let your feelings out. I didn't lose my bestfriend. I now have a boyfriend whos also my bestfriend. I hope and wish everyone finds that one special person some day

                                   Danielle Roberts<3

--------------The End---------------