You Belong with me

Chapter 1:Best Friends

""Your on the phone with your girlfriend she's upset, going off about something that you said, cause she dosen't get your humour like I do"

"I am sorry baby, I really didn't mean to....!---Beep---Beep" Derick struggled to convince the once again upset Annabell. He slumped down in his bed holding his head in his hand.

Meanwhile Danielle was sadly watching him from her bedroom window which was just opposite hers. Danielle was apparently his best friend since childhood and had also secretly developed a crush on Derick.

She picked up her scribble pad from her bedside stand and wrote down ""Are u ok?"" and faced in to Dericks window. He wrote back""Yeah!"". Offcourse Danielle knew her best friend better than that, so she wrote""Ann is upset?"".He knowingly smiled and nodded. He was surprised at how well she knew him.

Danielle knew everything about Derick much more than his cheer leader girlfriend or in her words the snob. She knew his favourite songs, food, places and much much more. She loved him but knew he only wanted her as his good friend.And also thought it was useless to expect the captain of d soccer team to date her. She thought of all this and would cry.

Just then she heard a knock at her door."Dan are you there?" her big brother Blake asked. She quickly wiped her tears and answered a yes. He barged in and shouted"Dan guess what!?" he paused and looked at her face"Your crying sis?what did that jerk do to you again tell me I'll bash him."Blake said furiously."Blake!its okay I am fine.He didn't do anything!And NO you can't bash my crush" she said trying to calm down her big brother."Dan..you know I can't stand to see you cry!" he said cooling down."Yes, I know!okay now tell me what made you come to your little sisters room?"she said changing the topic. His excitement built in again and he said" I asked Sandra out and she said yes!"."Oh wow Blake I knew it! I am so happy for you!"she said joining in her brothers happiness." Now would you please let me sleep I have a test tomorrow" she said pushing him out if the room."okay, okay I am going goodnight Dan"he said and closed the door.

Danielle thought about her next day at school.She was also happy as she would have Derick with her in the bus cause of his fight with Ann.But she didn't know what was in store for her the next day.

*---*---*