Chapter Ten - The Start of War - (Molly's POV)

The Start of War

*~Molly's POV~*

I sat on the couch next to Life. She had appeared to me in my dreams and when I woke this morning. She told me about what was going on. But I had already known. I had seen the way that Damon looked at Alex. How he treated him. When everything flashed before me, I saw the undeniable bond. It was easy to put two and two together. Alex was Damon's mate. His real mate. His mate from the correct world and time.

Life had offered to return my memories of my real life to me earlier. But I couldn't do that. I didn't want to be morning over my life. Thinking about if everyone thought I was gone or if I was dead. I didn't want to think about the probably happy life I had there. As long as I was in this world I wanted to only think of this world. And this world’s problems. Although, that thought of having that option did kind of make me homesick to a place I can't even recall.

Trying not to focus on that I looked up as Hunter finally came down the stairs. My first thought was that he looked … well a mess, to say the least. And then I thought about it. Did he figure it out too? That Alex wasn't his? And suddenly I felt like this was all my fault. I didn't understand why Curse chose to bring me out of my world. It just wasn't fair. What about Hunters real mate? Where are they? Did he kill them? Create a new werewolf to go to that person? I felt Life staring at me as if trying to get me to look at her but I didn't and instead smiled when Alex saw me.

“Where are Alex and Damon?” He asked. I felt guilty as Alex and Damon were in the kitchen talking about something that Alex obviously wanted to forget. I could feel Damon's exasperation building up. Maybe it's good if Hunter intervened. Let Alex cool down and Damon stop making his heart rate increase.

“In the kitchen.” I said. He nodded and head towards to the kitchen. Only to emerge with Alex thrown over his shoulder asking for release moments later. Damon came into the room sitting down next to me sighing. Life burst into white mist to leave us as alone as possible. I mean, she was still in my head.

Damon ran his fingers threw his hair and tried to breathe evenly. A habit he had when he was stressed out. I wanted to comfort him and hold him. And kiss him and make him feel better. But I couldn't do that. Not when I knew that I would be hurting myself. I would be hurting Alex. I didn't fully understand how Curse did the things he did, but I knew my place was to not be here. I didn't want to become a burden. I always thought about others first. And I didn't want to slow down anything. This war Alex told me about, it sounds very dangerous. He still had no clue as to who the war was going to be between or if they were even going to really be in it.

And then there was my family. The one in my real world. What would it be like? Would this world seem like a dream and I would just wake up and continue my life, forgetting about everyone here? Would I go home to a loving, caring family and have a best friend and a boyfriend to go back too? Would I even recognize them? Or did they think I was dead and suddenly disappeared one day? Have I been in a comma, and going back to my world would be like waking up from said comma? I had so many questions. And no answers.

I looked at Damon. When I called him earlier I felt his hurt. How small and insignificant he felt. How Alex had made him feel once he found out that Damon had a mate. And I know I should be angry about it. I know I should want to yell at Damon and fight Alex over him and fight him for making my mate feel that way. But I couldn't bring myself to even feel a little bit angry at Alex or Damon. In a way I understood.

They obviously had a strong connection before. It was only logical that something like that would happen. And then what Life had said, about Curse messing around with Alex to keep them apart. The bullying, Josh did. And to think I had gotten kicked out of my pack for trying to defend that rouge. But I felt bad for him. He had loved Damon way before I even came into the picture. But not before Alex. That was set in stone. A small detail that Curse missed. He didn't completely destroy the link between Alex and Damon. And maybe I'm wrong and he wanted to challenge himself. But how could he over look such an important step? So now, Alex is torn between Hunter and Damon. I'm torn between going home for real and staying here because I’m scared.