Chapter Twenty Two - Rain Shadow - (Hunter's POV)

Rain Shadow

*~Hunter's POV~*

I couldn't get a break could I? No. Getting breaks are no longer a luxury I can have. I might as well get use to it. I guess I just didn't want to think about Josh right now. Because when I think about Josh, I think about the fact that he's dead. That the only interaction I've had with him was when I kicked his ass for bullying Alex and a brief talk with him a few moments before he died. I also didn't want to think about him because of the fact that it would cause my wolf to want to go after Alex. And I couldn't lose him too. I couldn't afford to lose anyone else. I've already lost myself

It seemed that minutes dragged out to be forever and that the more I tried to be happy the less I found myself actually wanting to be happy. That it just felt like too much work. That I could never be at my highest because my highest is what other people would call their lowest. And now the fucking Rain Shadow Pack was here. I had no idea why they felt the need to come visit as they never seemed interested in us before.

But I guessed it was about Josh. Rouge or not, they would always know when he died. I would always know when he died. And I would always feel that pain. It wasn't going away. And my wolf knew it was alone now.

Yet, I still wanted Alex to stay. To be with me. Because I was - and still am - in love with him. It felt terrible and a little bit disrespectful but I couldn't just turn off my love and concern for Alex. I was always going to care about him. I was always going to want to be there for him. And just like every bruise and scar and burn that fades off of his skin each day, my love for him replaces that spot. And I really needed him. If I  didn't have him, I would be drowning in my place. Getting worse and worse. Slowly losing my mind once again. But it wasn't coming at me like before Alex. It was simply just picking at me. Taking the razor blade and making very neat and thin little lines at an agonizingly slow pace just to keep me hurting longer.

And the nightmares were getting worse. I would no longer dream about being chased, but being tortured. By Curse of course. It was always Curse. He just didn't stop. He wouldn't stop messing with me. And I just needed to cry. I needed to scream. I needed to run away. But my pack needs me. Dad was getting better. He was almost ready to come back to the pack. And I was so grateful.

We made our way out the door. Alex holding my hand. Walking next to me. It calmed me down. Alex, calmed me down. Even though my wolf wanted nothing more than to come out and tear Alex to pieces. I couldn't do that. Not to Alex. The trip to the pack was silent. The whole woods seemed quite. The trees looked less vibrant. The birds flew soundlessly. And when we finally arrived, everyone was waiting. Aurora and Skye, looked at me as I came to the clearing everyone had made for us. The Shadow Pack's alpha stood waiting.

The looked to be in his late twenty's. His hair a rusty looking brown, eyes cold and hard. His jaw locked tight. His arms were crossed tightly against his chest. He looked at me in a calculating way and briefly glanced at Damon before starring at Alex. I lightly pushed Alex over towards Aurora, Skye, and Damon. I looked at the alpha and cleared my throat to get his attention that had still been focused on Alex.

His eyes snapped back over to me. “I guess you're the alpha?” He laughed without humor. His voice booming in the silence.

“Upcoming.” I said.

“Then where is your father? I only speak to the alpha.” He glared.

“My father is ill right now. And you're already talking to me. So what do you what?” I asked.

He glared at me for a second before sighing and continuing, “My name is Demetrius. I am the alpha of Rain Shadow. And I have a concern with this pack. The Legendary Pack.” He snorted. “Seems pretty weak if you ask me. Having a kid in charge of this grand pack and you don't even look like your prepared for anything. We just waltzed right in through the front gates. I'm guessing this isn't the first time since your father is ill, as you put it. No doubt it's by one of ours.”

I didn't like his attitude and I could feel the others didn't either. It was only a matter of time before Skye went for the kill. But he was right. Our defenses were very low and our man strength wasn't that great. We've never been at such a low. And it was under my rule – well almost.

“The only person from your pack to violently confront us was Josh Mason, a rouge, and he assaulted my … mate.” I said gesturing to Alex. “But I'm sure you know that he's dead now.”

“And there lies my problem. I haven't even seen Molly? Where  is she?” He asked.

I closed my eyes and sighed, “She is no longer with us.”

He gave a small laugh, “Oh really now? You see, I don't like you. I don't like your pack. And if that human over there – Alex you say his name is – is any indication that your family's good fortune really is running out, well, expect more visits.” He circled around me as he talked and I could feel my wolf scratching at the surface to just rip him apart. To kill something if it couldn't kill Alex. “So next time I see you, you better be prepared for a war. Because I'm going to tear you down. I mean, the so called Legendary Pack finally has a weak spot!? You already have so many enemies already, why not just add me to the long and growing list. The Rain Shadow Pack has been dominating second place for years. I think it's time we became first, don't you think?” Demetrius said and then pushed me.

That's when Skye snapped. He ran at him, Aurora and Damon going after him.

“Listen here, you god da –”

“Skye!” I yelled. My voice slipping into alpha and commanding him. He growled and glared at Demetrius, Aurora and Damon holding him back. He shook them off of him and walked away.

Demetrius looked to be insulted, yet still he raised his eyebrow and stared at me with disgust, “You better keep him on a leash. Or you know what, maybe you should take some lessons from him on how to be a werewolf.” 

Damon stepped up in front of me. Glancing at me for a split second before opening his mouth. “Hey that's my brother you're talking to. He he may be too nice to say this but I'm not. Fuck. You. And next time we see you, you won't be leaving. Now fuck off.” He said. Standing strong and proudly in front of me. It was a little embarrassing but appreciated. Demetrius growled and turned away. His pack following him.

A/N: Okay guys~ War time is starting O.O And i know this was short, I just could not think of anything else to write >.< But if I do write more I will let you guys know! QUESTIONS: How do you think  Hunter will hold up during this upcoming war? What do you think of Demetrius? And do you think that Damon will help Hunter out in become a better alpha? Okay~ Until next time my lovelies <3 Pick is of Hunter.