Chapter 6

Drew drove home; her mind replaying everything that happened today.  He had kissed her... and she kissed back. She placed a hand over on her lip as she sat, car idling, in the driveway.  In a daze, she managed to grab her purse, turn the car off, and make her way to the front door. She slipped in the door and reached for the stair railing. She could hear the TV on in the living room, but when she picked around the corner her moms head was tilted to the side. Asleep!  She let a smile play across her lips as she took the stairs two at a time.

Drew knew someone was on the third floor, however, because the door was cracked. She had locked it when she left that morning.

"Dad?" She let the questioning name linger in the air.

"Eww no!" Drew's smile reappeared as the sound of her best friend's voice echoed from her bedroom.

"I figured you would be here!" Drew smiled and walked towards her duffel; which was lying on the end of her bed. Before she could get to it, Cassie, snatched it to her.

"Tell me what happened today!"

"Nothing happened." Drew walked over to her closet guiltily.

"Oh come on Drew! Then why did I end up with your duffel today... given to me by none other then new Mr. Hot Stuff!!" Cassie let out a cackling giggle as she laid back on the bed; still clutching the duffel.

"Fine." Drew walked over and sat on the bed next to Cassie. For the next thirty minutes Drew recapped that days events.

"He kissed you!!" Cassie yelled as Drew's story came to an end.

"Leave it to you to yell over that piece of information." Drew swung a pillow at Cassie's head, who ducked just in time. A small knock sounded at the third floor's door. Drew rolled off of the bed and ran towards the door.

"Drew, are you two going to practice at all today?" Drew's mom stood at the door, hands on hips. Drew smiled and giggled.

"Going right now mom." Her mom gave her a smug look and turned away. Drew closed the door, setting the lock back on. When she walked back into her room Cassie sat on her bed, with a huge cheesy grin planted on her face. "Come on we need to finish this dance before my mom has a cow."

"Isn't your mom already a cow?" Drew bust out laughing as she made her way into the studio. Cassie giggling a prancing behind her.

The sweat dripped down Drew's face as she squirted water into her mouth. Cassie and she had been dancing for three hours now, trying to get this dance engraved into their minds, just like all the others were. Cassie was lying  a few inches away, eyes closed, and stomach slowly raising and sinking. Drew stood up and smashed the play button down again.

Drew moved her body to the sound of the music, spinning, arching, and jumping, as the music shook the room. As the music clip came to an end Drew gave one final leap and landed with her legs apart.

"What was that?" Cassie was now leaning back on her hands, wide eyed.

"Just something I was working on for my audition to Julliard."

"Drew that was amazing! Why is your dad even making you get a back up plan?" Cassie stood up and walked over to the stereo.

"I don't think he believes in this whole dancing career anymore, and the sad thing is I think my mom is starting to feel the same way." Drew sat down in the splits and began stretching out.

"Drew don't give up on your dream! Want to know something my mom always told me before she passed?" Cassie walked back over to Drew and took the same position opposite her. Cassie's face became serious, which was rare because she was always smiling. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." She finished her statement with a whisper as she looked down at her hands.

"Cassie I won't give up on it. Dance is everything to me, I couldn't be anything else."

"What are you going to do about Luke though?" Cassie now looked up bright eyes, and her words dripped with hope.

"I don't know. He makes me feel alive, and different, and I am not saying that in a mushy, disgusting way. He really does; when I'm with him, dance isn't everything." Drew looked into Cassie's face as it began to change.

"You my friend are SO cheesy!!" Cassie fell back giggling and gripping her stomach, Drew couldn't help but laugh along with her.

Sorry it took so long, and this one might not be as good but I tried! Please let me know what you think, I promise it will get better!!