Chapter 3

Drew's POV

Drew awoke to the blaring beep of her alarm. She rolled over, sighing deep in her throat, to slam her fist down on the snooze button. Opening one eye, she read her clock: 4:30 a.m. Letting out a groan she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

'Why do I torture myself?' She thought.

A picture flashed across her mind of the mysterious boy she had met last night and Drew got up, moving faster to get ready. Silently making her way downstairs and out the door, Drew fled her house. She drove slow this morning. Trying to figure out why a boy would make her drive faster was taking a lot of concentration.  

'I don't even know his name.' She was still daydreaming when she pulled into her parking space. Grabbing her purse and popping the trunk, she got out of the car. After grabbing her duffel bag and locking the car, Drew walked to the entrance of the school. Once she stepped into the cold lobby her best friend flagged her down amongst the throng of students.

" Drew!" Cassie ran over to her, hair halfway thrown up into a bun and breathless.

" The headmaster wants to see you. There was a really hot guy that walked in there, but he hasn't come out yet." Drew's mind immediately went to the boy from last night.

"Whatever," She pinched her friends arm and walked towards the office, " I'll see you in a few."

When she reached the Headmaster's office, she knocked. She heard a chair being pushed out and the sound of shuffling feet making their way to the door.

"Drew!" Mr. Blanchard exclaimed. "How are you my dear, please do come in." He waved his hand towards the room as Drew slowly stepped through the door.

Mr. Blanchard founded MDA when he was 30 after being forced to retire from dance because of knee problems. If you asked anyone in the school they would agree with you on his sexual preference being of the same anatomy. Drew smiled as she thought of it.

Her smile, however, was cut short when she saw him sitting in one of the chairs.

"Please Drew, do have a seat. We have a few things to discuss."

Drew smiled at him as he pulled out a chair for her to sit in. As she sat down Drew could feel his eyes on her. She stole a quick glance in his direction but then quickly averted her eyes when she realized he was watching.

"Well Drew first thing's first: we have accepted a new student to our family here at MDA. Darling, I would like you to meet Luke Lusk, an exchange student from our sister school. He ran into some... disagreements there, sadly. However it led him here, and we sure are grateful for that!" Drew finally turned to face him, Luke, allowing him a small smile. His eyes were focused on hers as he held out his hand.

"It's so nice to meet you...Drew."

"Pleasure's all mine." She replied.

'"Pleasure's all mine?" what am I a retail lady?' She thought to herself. He gave an amused smirk, releasing her hand.

"Drew I would like to leave you in charge of showing him around and making sure he gets to all his classes. I am hoping you could explain the way things work around here also. Seeing as you two mostly have the same courses, you shouldn't need an excuse note. Now if you don't mind, I really do need to get to work." Mr. Blanchard stood up, causing Luke to follow.

"Pleasure having you here with us Mr. Lusk, and if there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask."

Drew stood up as well, said goodbye to Mr. Blanchard, and walked out. Luke followed close at her heels. As Drew walked out she caught sight of Cassie peeking at them from around the corner. She smiled, knowing that by this afternoon the whole academy would know Luke was with her.

"So how long have you been dancing?" Luke broke the silence as they both walked down the hall.  Her eyes flickered towards him quickly. He was looking down on her with curiousity playing in his eyes.

"Since I was five. You?"

"Six. Looks like you have one year on me." He smiled, she returned the smile.

"But is it good enough to beat me?" Her smile widened.

"I'm sure it is!" She teased.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her suddenly into one of the empty practice rooms. 

"What are you doing?!" She laughed as he closed the door behind him. He turned to her, a small sign of passion shone in his eyes, but was gone quicker than it had come.

"Dance for me." He said. A smile played at Drew's lips as she looked up at him.

"Are you serious?" Drew couldn't help but laugh.

Cassie is pictured to the side :)