chapter 15

"When is he going to decide to rescue George?" Mo whispered.

"Sooner than we think." Atticus said as he read a book while lying in her lap as she stroked his hair on the couch.

"We're waiting it out..." Atticus said as he turned the page in his book. "I'm sure this won't take long though."

The day was nearly over and it felt rather long with all that happened today.

"Why do I feel like this won't be George's last adventure?" Patch asked himself.

Ted soon decided after having a talk with Ms. Dunlop that he would rescue George. It seemed less energetic and fun without George around for many.

"Guys, come on." Ted said to the others.

"Come on?" Cherry asked. "Where are we going?"

"We're getting George back." Ted replied.

"About time." Atticus said as he and the others got up.

"Now?" Cherry asked.

"Come on, Cherry!" Atticus pulled her up into a standing position.

"Okay, okay." Cherry said.

"Good girl." Atticus said.

"You owe me..." Cherry narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." Patch said.

Cherry sighed as she went with them against her will.

They soon went after the boat that had George. Cherry moaned and groaned before cupping her mouth.

"Is she always seasick?" Darla asked.

"Pretty much." Atticus sighed as he felt bad for Cherry.

"Should we get her a bag?" Mo asked.

Cherry then threw up into the water and looked very miserable.

"I think I see the ship." Theodore said.

"We have to hurry before it goes back to the jungle..." Cherry moaned.

They soon got to the ship that had George. Cherry groaned sickly again.

"Come on, Cherry, how do you think I feel?" Darla dragged Cherry. "I used to hate swimming until I met Atticus!"

"Seasickness..." Cherry muttered in misery.

"Oh..." Darla said.

Cherry took a deep breath.

Patch sniffed the ground and walked on the deck as he caught George's scent. "I got his scent!" he then called out.

"Good boy, lead us to him!" Atticus said as he followed after his puppy.

The foghorn blared and the ship was starting to move through the waters.

"Quick, we have to get to the ship before it leaves!" Eleanor told them.

"Oh, yeah, how? By magic?" Alvin asked.

"No, no, no..." Cherry begged, but it was too late, Atticus and Patch combined their magic and they were on the ship and she instantly felt sick again.

There was a splash heard outside as Patch went to track down George.

"Where do they usually keep animals on ships?" Mo asked.

"Usually in a lower deck," Darla said. "Like where the cargo goes."

"Of course." Patch smiled until he saw Simon looking like his brain was goin numb from the lack of logical explanation of how they got from where they were to the ship.