vi // Uninteresting stuff (idk how to say it)

It's totally okay if you make your OC a tad bit powerful. But just not too powerful where it goes mary sue level.

       Don't make them too realistic or too fantastic. Just right there in the middle.

Example:

       Too realistic (probably):

       Normal hair,
     Normal height,
       Not so special powers
      Normal cheery personality
      Normal childhood
       Just normal kid

      Just right (I think):

      Has normal hair color but wacky hairstyle (to fit with the personality, it's okay not)

      Is powerful but not too much
      Reckless
      Had a lot of friends as a child
       Happy-go-lucky
      Short

      I mean, it makes them kind of interesting when you put a fixed personality on them rather than just sticking on to normal stuff (which most of you probably misunderstood when I wrote the previous chapters)

       Too Overpowered/Mary Sue (idk):

       Has long beautiful rainbow shining hair that can extend into certain measures to trap their enemies.
        Ultimate god-like power that is a secret and still has many more secret powers that they haven't revealed yet.
         Is right at everything.

     Note for everyone who compare their OCs to my examples:

     Don't actually compare them to my examples. They are examples for a reason and I have no idea what you did with your OC. The tip I only have for everyone when balancing an OC is to think realistically and to go and compare your OCs with actual Mary Sues you happen to stumble online.

      I see many ppl comparing their OCs with my examples in the comment section. I actually have a different view on what I have written down and ppl seem to misunderstand them a lot. That's why this book went back to it's developing stage.

    I still accept all forms of criticism tho. They don't really affect me that much and the only thing I have to do is to think about it and edit this thing again.

Just a small reminder :>