Last Voyage

Zaylee's POV:
Today we were leaving. We were going to be gone for a year at most. I wouldn't be able to see Milo for that long. Pavel got dressed in his attire as did I. We were leaving early that morning. Gray laid asleep in his room and Jess was awake along with Milo. I stood in my red dress. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and we walked into the living room. "We'll be back soon Milo. I promise." I said to him. Pavel stood next to me and Milo said "papa please don't go." He looked up at Pavel and pleaded for him not to go.

Pavel had tears in his eyes and he said "little Pasha I'll be back soon

Pavel had tears in his eyes and he said "little Pasha I'll be back soon." Milo looked down and said "you won't! You'll die!" Pavel's eyes widened and I looked at him and then back at Milo. "Baby we're not going to die. We promised uncle Kirk that we'd do this one final time. Understand? This is the last time. We promise." Milo had tears forming in his eyes. "Please don't go papa." He said. Pavel held back his tears and said "little Pasha I have to." Milo nodded and said "mommy please." "Baby we have to." "Please don't go!" Milo screamed.

"Pavel what're we going to do?" I asked

"Pavel what're we going to do?" I asked. Pavel sighed and picked up Milo. "Jess give me his stuff. Now." Pavel said. I could tell he was angry but sad at the same time. Jess grabbed Milo's clothes and packed them up. Pavel handed him to me and Pavel stormed around the house. Milo cried into the crook of my neck and I said "baby look at me." Milo looked at me and sniffled. "Now you're going with us. But your going to be alone most of the time. Is that ok?" I asked. Milo nodded and cried into the crook of my neck. Pavel sighed and called himself down. "Little Pasha." He said. Milo looked at him and said "yes papa?" "Your gonna see vhere papa and mommy vork." He said. Milo nodded and Pavel wiped his tears. "Don't cry baby." I said. Milo nodded and said "I just didn't want papa to leave. I don't want you and papa to leave. Gray said people die in Starfleet." Pavel's eyes widened and he looked at Jess. She shrugged and said "sorry." "Let's just go. Before we're late ok?" I asked. We got a taxi and headed towards the ships. I sat down with Milo in my lap. It was 4:00am. Pavel and I got up at 3:00 and we had to be on the ship by 5:30. I sighed as Milo stared at everything. Bones sat next to me and said "your last voyage. I'll miss you." "Bones stop. It's too early for this." I replied. Pavel sat down next to me and ran his fingers through his hair. "Ve'd better find someone to baby sit." He said. "I called Carol. She can take care of him and won't be on duty." I replied. Pavel sighed and kissed my cheek. Bones looked at Milo and said "what is he doing here?" "I came with mommy and papa." He replied. Bones' eyes widened and Milo smiled. "You ready for space kid? It's pretty crazy." Bones said. Milo gave him a thumbs up and Bones shook his head.

 Bones shook his head and we were driven to the ship

Bones shook his head and we were driven to the ship. Milo's eyes got wide as we walked to the Enterprise. Pavel and I walked Milo to our quarters. Milo was in awe of all the stars. "Carol will be here soon and then we can go to work. After all we don't have to go until 6:30." I said. Pavel plopped down on the bed and Milo followed. "Papa!" He said. Pavel giggled and picked Milo up. He held him in the air and Milo said "papa will I be able to see the bridge later?" I nodded and said "of course." Milo yawned and Pavel set him down next to him. "Your going to love it little Pasha." Pavel said. Milo giggled and nuzzled his face into his fathers chest.

Milo's eyes got heavy and he began to fall asleep

Milo's eyes got heavy and he began to fall asleep. I leaned my head on Pavel's shoulder as Milo laid on Pavel's chest. Pavel wrapped his arms around Milo and we fell asleep until we had to go to work.

-

Pavel took Milo to navigation. I followed them to the bridge and Kirk's eyes widened. "Uncle Kirk!" Milo ran over to him and Kirk picked him up and hugged him. "Hey what're you doing here little guy?" Kirk asked. "Mommy and papa brought me." He replied. Kirk set him down and Pavel showed him where he worked on the ship. Kirk said "you had to bring him?" "Kirk I didn't have a choice. He was crying and I didn't want to break his little heart you know what I mean?" I asked. Kirk nodded and said "yeah. You got a babysitter?" "Carol is babysitting him." I replied. Kirk nodded and said "that's good. Hopefully we don't run into anything bad." "We won't. There shouldn't be anyone else wanting to kill us. We'll be fine." Kirk assured me. I nodded and said "I have a son now Kirk. Pavel and I can't die and he can't either. If Milo gets killed I won't be able to live with myself. If something does happen and Pavel and I can't get to him...promise me you'll protect him and save his life." Kirk said "Zaylee of course. I watched you grow up with Chekov. And I wanna watch Milo grow up too. It'd kill me to see him not be able to live the life you guys have." I smiled and Kirk hugged me. "Y'all better hurry cause everyone has to be working soon." I nodded and took Milo back with Carol and got to work with Bones. Bones ranted about how Milo shouldn't be on the ship and I understood where he was coming from. Milo didn't like when we'd leave. Even if we were going to the grocery store. Milo didn't like to be alone. Whenever he was left alone Milo had horrible nightmares. He'd scream in terror. When I took him to Bones he said he was having night terrors. Milo has mono phobia. And gets very scared whenever we'd leave him. I didn't want to leave him behind but then I do because it wasn't safe. Milo also has necrophobia. The fear of death. Not about himself but about Pavel and I. He's afraid something will happen to us. I assure him nothing will happen but Milo just gets so scared. I made sure everything was in place and began to do paperwork. I hummed to myself when Bones broke the silence. "How's Milo?" He asked. "Better. But he had a small episode when we were leaving. I had to bring him. He cried and as soon as I told him he could go he stopped crying. I didn't want this to happen." I replied. Bones said "let's hope to god we can make it without someone trying to kill us." "Let's hope Bones. Because I'm so nervous." I replied. I paced the room back and forth and Bones said "sit down Zaylee. Your making me a nervous wreck. Plus Kirk is going down onto a planet later. To make a peace treaty and then we're on our way to Yorktown. That's all I know." "At least Milo will be able to see Yorktown." I said. Bones said "yeah too bad we can't stay ya know?" I nodded and sighed as I thought about Yorktown. I hadn't been there in a long time. Not since I was a kid and went with my uncle. It'd be like going for the first time again. And I'd be able to share it with Pavel and Milo. But if I knew what we were in for...I would've never came back to Starfleet.

Here's the update! Beyond officially starts now! Also I've got a Suicide Squad book if any of you want to check it out. And I love you all so much!!!
~Skylar❤️💛💙🖖🏻