Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Hi Everyone! :) This is mi primero story! (Don't worry i don't really know Spanish well, but for the last few weeks i just feel like speaking or in this case, writing it!)  Anyways, i hope you like my story. I've been meaning to write one for such a long time, but i was too lazy, and i had too much homework. But....ITS WINTER BREAK!!! So i've got time, and i can spare time from reading Wattpad stories to write this one during school time if you guys like it.......so Yah! Sorry for delaying you!

The cover was made by ohhmygoshxD!! isn't it awesome!!

Flashbacks are in italics!!!!!!

P.S. This chappy is kind of boring, so please stick with the story after! I pinky promise it gets better! :P

ONWARD with reading! :)

___________________________________________________________________________________

 I had the pleasure of dying every single day.

Taking care of Noah on the plane was tough work. It was his first ride, and apparently, that entitles him to touch every single thing on the damn plane. Seriously, half the time he was leaning across my lap with his elbow pocking me in my thigh. He would get excited over everything. Even things he had seen before. 

"WAYNEY, WAYNEY!" Noah cried out with his mouth tucked next to my ear. It was his way of whispering. 

"Uh huh," I answered back patiently and opened my eyes. I had just given up trying to control him. I was no match for his enthusiasm and decided to relax while I could.

"That guy.....is BALD," He gave me the oh-my-gosh-this-is-so-amazing look. He fell back giggling before deciding to act like a spy to see the man. This consisted of sticking up his hands into circle-binocular shapes and sticking his head behind. Deciding to play with him, I hummed a spy tune, and he flashed a smile at me. My heart melted.....before he decided to climb over me, and onto the lap my older brother, Tyler. The elbow that used to be placed on my thigh landed right on his thingy, and a shriek filled the air.

Noah had gotten excited over everything, which was fine because he was on his first airplane ride, and he's only 3. Though some things were too extreme like running off the plane and yelling "FOR NARNIA". We were embarrassed enough as it was, but apparently, Noah was very comfortable with the people on the plane. 

At some point toward the end of the ride, while i was watching a movie, I noticed Noah wasn't next to me. Of course, I started pannicking and shaking Ty, only to notice he was sitting next to a man with a long beard. What Noah said had me blushing and running towards him to ask him to apologize. 

"Excuse me, Swir?," he asked with his slight lisp. The man with the face hidden by his facial hair turned his head slightly and Noah continued. "Are youu a Hobwo?"

The man sputtered a bit before Noah continued. "Do you wive in a cardboawd box? Owr are you like Hagg-Haggwid? Do you know Hawwry Potter? Do you poop in the fowest or on a fiwe hyd-hydwant?" Noah asked seriously. It was like those answers would save the world or Narnia in Noah's mind. I needed to stop watching movies with him. I mean, Narnia and Harry Potter. He's only 3! He shouldn't remember the movies after a while.

My days always seemed crazy when I was taking care of Noah, but I love him so much for that. He was kind of the glue in our family after our parents died that fateful morning. 

It was that morning that changed everything. Tyler, my 22 year old brother, became our guardian. I had to start taking care of the house and Noah while Tyler went to college. We were moved to a small city in north Texas for Ty's medical school.

I was slowly beginning to move on from my parents' death, but it will still always haunt me. I still had my family, and I suppose that's all I could ask for now that I realize how important family is. I had my mothers brown hair with little streaks of blond in some places, and my eyes were hazel. I was a short 5 foot 2 inches and was often mistaken as a child instead of a teenager because i was small and innocent looking. Noah was a beautiful child with golden brown hair and playful golden eyes as well. Tyler had dark brown hair with mature green eyes and natural muscles. 

My eyes followed the sight. A drop of rain sliding, slithering down my window after admitting defeat. It was drizzling outside. It was the kind of weather in which one would stare into the distance to see if it was truly raining. Maybe it was a trick of the eye, or some kind of mirage, but here and now, it was really raining. I sighed and picked up my book, continuing on where I left off before skipping several pages ahead. The house was quiet, and Tyler and Noah would come from the movies later today.

I sigh and head out of my room in search of something more entertaining. I move down the hallway, my feet sinking into the soft carpet before stepping onto the stairs, and therefore, onto hardwood. I passed the bare rooms that have yet to be decorated by my siblings. I look out the window and see a baby bunny in our yard. It was a peculiar site because I’ve never seen one wild. Squirrels, yes. Armadillos, once or twice. Vultures, yeah. Rabbits, no (well, except for now). 

I decided to leave the house and explore the neighborhood. I looked up at the sky hoping I could suddenly tell time from the sun, but I couldn’t. The rain was dwindling to small drops every now and then, and I decided I would go sit on the lonely park bench in the distance. I carefully walked the small incline and wiped away the stray leaves from the bench before sitting. 

It was a beautiful site. A small lake rested at the bottom of the small hill. Some ducks sat near the edge and birds flew aimlessly above. Maybe, in hopes to find food in the water. There was a beautiful sunset. The sky was a painted canvass of yellows, oranges, and pinks.

"Anyways," my father said over dinner, "it takes a long time to get to El Paso, so i'll be back the day after."

"Que Paso?," my brother joked thinking the rhyme was funny. A small pregnant silent passed before my mother's sweet voice filled the air.

"Where's que paso?," She inquired curiously. Another small pregnant silent passed, and guffaws filled the air. My mother had an utterly confused face, and that just made everyone laugh harder.

I smiled at the memory and all the other ones filling my brain.

But, I should have left the park sooner. I should have kept my curious side at bay. I should have stayed in la la land. I should have ignored what I heard. But, I, Rain Cooper, didn't.

And that’s what started it all.

 ___________________________________________________________________________________

 P.S. sorry for no actual talking but I felt like I wanted her to be home alone. Sorry! And did not mean insult bald people or people with beards ..or hobos! I love Hobos! and I love a lot of bald and bearded people! I got some in my family!

Also...you'll get more info on Rain and her family in Chapter 3!

PLEASE COMMENT!!!! I'll give you a virtual hedgehog who can regurgitate rainbows ;D

Adios :) and Gracias :).......MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!

~Sour Skittlez  :D