Chapter 3: Scent of a Draco

Song: Say Something by Justin Timberlake (ft. Chris Stapleton)

Hermione woke up early the morning after she moved into her new apartment. She had just woken up from another sleepless night filled with nothing but nightmares. The young war veteran looked around her new bedroom, everything here was new. This is her chance to start over and make a life for herself, Without Ron.

A few minutes later the brown eyed girl stood in her bathroom and turned on her shower. She got undressed and got in the shower. The water was cold but it didn't bother Hermione. Her ribs still hurt from the accident yesterday. Once she was done in the shower she dried off and put some clothes on.

Meanwhile Luna was in the kitchen cooking, Hermione and herself some breakfast. When Hermione came out of the bathroom she had a puzzled look on her face. There wasn't any food here yesterday, she hadn't gone grocery shopping yet.

"I hope you don't mind. I got up early this morning and went grocery shopping. It's the least I can do... Thanks again for letting me stay here Hermione." Said Luna as she put her breakfast along with Hermiones' down on the kitchen table.

Hermione didn't expect for Luna do this for her but, she sure did appreciate it. "Thank you Luna. You didn't have to do this."

Luna just smiled at Hermione in reply.

Hermione sat down at the kitchen table with Luna and ate her toast and eggs. She thanked her friend for breakfast and told her she had to go to work.

* * * * *

All of the aurors were gathered around talking about their next mission when Hermione walked in to work.

"Mione' come here, we've been assigned a new mission." Said Harry, form the other side of the room.

Hermione walked over to her colleagues, "What is it?"

"We are going to go to Voldemorts old bases and confiscate all of the dark objects he has kept there." Said one of her fellow aurors, Alice.

"When are we going to do it?" Asked Hermione nervously, it has been three years since the war had ended but the thought of going to a place where Voldemort had once dominated terrified the young woman.

"In two days time. We're going to spend the next few days preparing." Responded Harry.

"Kingsley requested it." Chimed in Alice.

"Well... lets not waste anymore time we got a mission to plan." Said Hermione as she ran her fingers through her unruly hair.

Everyone immediately got to work planning on how they were going to go about completing the mission. They didn't even have time to break for lunch. 5:30 eventually rolled around and everyone went home except for Hermione and Harry.

"That was exhausting." Exclaimed Harry, he was lying down on the floor with his eyes closed.

Hermione didn't reply back to Harry, her mind was flooding with everything that could possibly go wrong during the mission. "Are you scared Harry?"

"Of course."

* * * * *

Later that night Hermione sat in her living room reading a muggle book. After a few minutes of relaxation and total peace, Draco decided to barge into Hermione's apartment.

"Good evening Granger, how are your ribs feeling?" Asked Draco as he walked into her kitchen.

Hermione slowly looked up from her book, "First of all It's not polite to barge into my home Malfoy and Second of all my ribs are still sore."