Chapter 18

A/N: This chapter has not been edited yet, will get to editing as soon as I can.

********

© kelliekook

If there were ever a word to describe the ruffled Madison Leroy that lay, several blocks away from the utterly miserable Nathan, in the arms of a handsome, intelligent and kind man, it would be bliss.

Who would have thought that Tony Bennett would be the man to steal her heart?

Certainly not Madison when she'd handed him her number only a few weeks ago, but it appeared fate could be deceptive.

It had snuck up on her, taken her off guard, she'd merely opened the door, seen him standing there and instantly knew.

Knew her heart no longer belonged solely to her, knew her body now not only burned for his, but everything else that came with it, knew she'd fallen – so quickly, so deeply – into something she had never really gone looking for.

Love.

A heavy word, in her opinion, weighed with so much anticipation, doubt and desire. All Madison could seem to think was what now?

Does she tell him? Bare her heart and soul to a man she's been dating for a little less than two weeks?

He'd run, no doubt about it, no man would stick around for a crazy love-struck woman only a month away from her 21st birthday.

She'd look like a complete fool.

Scared as she was – desperate as she was – she could step back, take a moment to evaluate what was happening to her.

Besides, she had other things to worry about. Like how one of her best friends was getting married in a matter of days, and the other was undeniably confused and hurt.

She had other places to be, other faces to see, but in that moment, as they lay wrapped in each other, just the thought of not seeing him had her stomach clenching unpleasantly.

"You have a great laugh."

Tony tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and grinned. "I could say the same thing about you."

Her smile came swiftly and easily.

Tony traced her mouth lightly with his finger, before leaning in to tenderly kiss her into oblivion.

She let out a breath of pure happiness as he pulled away to leave a trail of kisses down her neck. "You also have a great smile," he murmured against her skin, "and you smell pretty damn good too."

She chuckled as she ran her hands lightly through his hair. "Oh really?"

Tony hummed in agreement. "Most women smell good," he continued, "but you, Madison Leroy, have an especially addictive scent."

Madison laughed. "Oh Tony," she smacked a hand to her cheek, "I bet you say that to all the girls!" She gushed before chuckling quietly.

He moved so he could make direct eye contact with her. "Nope." He said, popping the 'p'. The grin that followed was lightning fast. "Only said it once in me life sweet cheeks, and you're the lucky lady that got to 'ear it!"

The laugh that followed was far from quiet. "What was that supposed to be exactly?" She managed to say between giggles.

"You know, I'm not entirely sure." He said before laughing with her.

Their laughter drifted off into a comfortable silence. Madison looked down at the sheets that lay, tangled, just beneath their entwined feet.

She glanced back up at him. "What was it I was doing again? You know, before you seduced me into bed?"