Epilogue

As the snow fell quietly on a small road on the outskirts of London, there came the sound of a screech, proceeded with laughter. The front door of the flat opened and a beautiful woman with long black hair came running out to assist the young woman who had fallen in the snow as was being assisted to her feet by the young man with her.

"Abby, are you alright?" Clara Malfoy hurried as Abby finally was back on her feet and steady.

"Me? Of course I am, just a patch of black ice is all." Abby grinned.

"This is about the twentieth time she's fell since we left home." Max shook his head from beside her. "And we apparated here. Only she could manage to fall that many times with such a short distance to walk."

"So some of us aren't graceful in snow and ice. Bite me.' Abby said before walking over and hugging Clara tightly. "It's so good to see you, Clara."

"It's good to see you, too! I've missed you so much. We all have, are you two finally done traveling the world? You two had quite an extensive honeymoon." Clara smiled.

"Well, we're done traveling for now." Abby said. 'But we definitely have plenty of places to see, so I wouldn't say we're done."

"Well, at least take a break and visit us a bit more!" Clara said before taking the hands of the two and brought them inside the flat.

"Where's Draco?" Abby asked looking around.

"Here."

The blonde turned to see Draco standing in the doorway holding a small bundle in his arms.

"Oh there you are and there she is!" Abby cried out but she was quickly shushed by everyone in the room. "Ooops, sorry. But let me see her...let me see!"

Draco walked over slowly and moved down a bit to allow Abby to catch a glimpse of the sleeping baby.

"Goodness, she's gotten even more beautiful since I last saw her. Can I hold her? Please! Please!"

The new parents complied and allowed Abby to take the child into her arms.

'Hi Lucy,' Abby whispered, " look at you, you're getting so big and beautiful. You're so...gah...stop being so cute!"

Draco and Clara locked eyes as they were separated from across the room, and immediately the two exchanged smiles as Abby and Max continued to gush over the baby.

It was hard to believe that in a span of a few years since their graduation from Hogwarts that so much had happened. Leaving the castle had been an adventure all on it's own as the two were set to meet each other's parents.

The two could only hope that things that were to go over smoothly.

Unfortunately, they didn't.

Clara's parents weren't terribly upset, but they certainly weren't thrilled over the idea of Clara moving in with a boy they hadn't met before. To make matters even more awkward to know that Draco was an ex- Death Eater didn't settle well with the parents either. It would be a constant battle for Clara to convince her parents to not hold Draco's past mistakes against him.

But it only became worse when the Malfoy's became involved. While others were prepared to move on from the war and their past prejudices, the Malfoy's were not among them. They were still stuck in their ways of Pureblood superiority. While the Eastons were considered pureblood the fact that they intermingled with muggle borns didn't settle well.

The young couple had been terribly upset by the reactions but they weren't going to let it deter them. Instead the hostility of their parents only drove them to work harder and prove them wrong.

Draco stayed true to his word that he would do whatever he needed to do to keep Clara happy and support her in any way. Finally, Clara was able to decide on her career and began to counsel witches and wizards alike that needed a listening ear and support. But despite the witches and wizards that came to her for help, she would never allow Draco to take the back seat if he needed her to listen to any of his problems.

Clara's parents eventually came around and grew to like Draco after some time, especially when they realized that it would become more than permanent with Draco's proposal.

The wedding had been small, which made it very obvious when Draco's father didn't come to the ceremony, however, Narcissa did. While Narcissa had been born and raised in a different manner, her views wouldn't be easily changed, but she wanted to maintain a relationship with her son. She wanted a relationship with her son even more when Clara and Draco introduced the first and only grandchild to the family.

Little Lucy came about and brought the young parents so much joy as she was a happy baby, always cooing and babbling when she wasn't sleeping.

Draco had taken to fatherhood well, dedicating his time to being a stay at home father with Lucy. It brought great joy to be there and experience all of Lucy's special moments.

"Who do you two think she'll take after?" Abby asked looking to Clara and then Draco.

"Well, I for one, think she's going to look like her father.' Clara grinned.

"But she'll have her mother's personality." Draco added. 'Guaranteed."

Abby laughed heartily

."Sounds like a good combination to me. First Malfoy to be in Hufflepuff, right?"

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this. To be honest, Draco had never been one of my favorite characters in HP, and I put off writing a story about him for so long because I really didn't like him as a character. But I began thinking about him post-war and I thought while I didn't like the person he was, I would probably like the person he became. So I hoped you enjoyed it and thanks again for reading :)