Insomnia Sucks...

I caught a Magikarp yesterday :'D that has nothing to do with this but yeah...

Bunker Down is taking much longer to update than I'd like...

I couldn't help but gawk at the grounds in front of the girls dormitory, whale plushes of all different sizes and colors littered the lawn, I noticed that some were even in the trees and a few smaller ones, were laying near Tobanga.

It would be cute If it weren't so...Unusual.

The fact that everyone around me didn't seem to even notice the little whales presence, was even more strange, I tried asking some of the other students and even Victoria, but the only responses they gave me were a few odd looks before they all vanished into their respective dormitories.

I sat down of the dorms steps and huffed in frustration, burying my head in my arms in the process.

"You're not going crazy, Max. Ok so you don't know where all those whales came from, and no, you can't explain why no one, aside from you, seems to even notice them. But that doesn't mean you're crazy. You know some of the people here will go pretty far for a joke, at least this isn't hurting anyone. It is really strange though..."

I hadn't noticed Mr. Jefferson had entered the grounds, and had been walking steadily towards me, until he was about ten or so feet away.

"Good morning, Max."

I jumped in surprise, almost tipping over in the process.

I lifted my head to look up at the hipster, inhaling sharply before speaking.

"Good morning, Mr. Jefferson. Um...You scared me..."

The older man smiled apologetically.

"I apologize, Max, that wasn't my intention."

He continued to talk but I was drifting back to the train of thought I had been on, before he had arrived.

So much for my manners, sorry Mr. Jefferson.

I wasn't completely lost in thought though. I was able to redirect my gaze towards the ground, trying to keep direct eye contact with him made me nervous.

However, something colorful caught my attention.

Tucked under one of Jefferson's arms, much like someone would carry a bag or briefcase, was a small stuffed animal.

At first I thought it was just another whale, but upon closer inspection I saw that it was a shark.

I don't know why, but something about the sight of my teacher and a shark...It left me very unsettled. Even If It was just a little plushie.

"Max? What are you staring at?..." Jefferson had his head craned to the side, brow furrowed.

Why, in this seemingly endless sea of sweet little whales...Why was there a shark? I mean, technically It wasn't among them, the shark, Jefferson had been holding It. But there It was still there. And why was this bothering me to begin with?

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid animal lover, but I'm still kind of afraid of sharks...I mean, who wouldn't be? They're big, they're fast and they are freakishly strong. Well...some sharks are anyway.

Despite the fact this shark was nothing but a toy, the unease did not lessen. I couldn't explain why a shark of all animals, at that moment, seemed to fit Jefferson to a T.

I remembered how Samuel had told me about spirit animals, after I told him about my encounters with that doe...his animal was a squirrel of course, I should have expected that, he did seem pretty tight knit with the animals around the campus, especially the squirrels.