Beauty and the Angel?

I dedicated this to Melangel32 because she is so kind and it the best fan ever! Not to mention she is very talented with poetry! Read her poetry, it's called "My Heart is Open" READ IT!

Rue POV

"Yeah, uhm hello John?" I questioned, "Care to explain why your here?"

"I'm new here and I thought I say hello."

"Why would you say hello to me?"

"Because you’re... that is beside the point. What's your name?" John questioned.

With hesitation I said, "Rue."

"Rue," he repeated, "That’s a good name."

Lizzy reappeared with his drink. "Well, Rue do you like it? Or should I get you something else?" Lizzy asked seeing that I hadn't eaten any of my ice cream.

"Oh, no! It's wonderful, I just forgot about it..."

"And I can see why, who are you handsome fellow?"

"This is John." I answered for him.

"Pleased to meet you Lizzy."

"Please, the pleasure is all mine." A pang of jealousy hit me as she flirted with him. Why are you jealous? You just met him! But I feel like I've known him my entire life...

"Don't you have a boyfriend to go meet?" I pointed to the door as her boyfriend, Sam, entered. Perfect timing Sam, I thought.

"Oh, Sam!" She ran to him and jumped up wrapping her legs around his waist.

"Hey babe, you off work yet?"

"I am now" she said. She pressed her forehead to his and they just stood there, looking at each other with love in their eyes. Again, a pang of jealousy hit me. I wanted something like that. Someone to love me and hold me.

I turned my attention back to John. "Well, John, what do you want?"

"What do you want to talk about?" He was avoiding answering my question.

"I want to talk about what you want." I said bluntly.

He chuckled, "I should have seen that one coming."

A small smile formed on my lips, "You set yourself up for that!"

A silence followed. He sat there looking at me, and I him.

I took a deep breath and said, "Well I don't know about you, but I really want to try this!" I said looking down at my ice cream.

"I... I do too."

I picked up my spoon and he looked at me then did the same. I put it in the ice cream, he did as well. Pulled it up to my mouth and we took a bite at the same time.

"Oh my goodness! This is delicious!" I exclaimed with my mouth still full. "Don't you like it?"

I wanted to like it. I wanted to like it so bad. I just couldn't taste it... I couldn't even feel the coolness of it in my mouth. "Yeah, it's interesting."

"So you don't like it. Well maybe we could order you something else-"

"No, I like it. Interesting isn't always bad, it's different, something new and exotic."

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. "I'm glad you like it, I always try something new. I never want to miss anything."

"I think I just might do the same."

"Rue!" I heard a familiar voice say. No, I didn't turn around. I didn't want to see him. "Rue come on look at me, listen Rue I'm sorry." I heard the sound of his footsteps coming close. I looked up to see John looking at me.