There Once Was an Angel Named Damion

John POV

It was a normal afternoon, Rue had gone to her favorite place when she was upset. Zaharaco's was where she always went. Lizzy was a waitress who worked almost all the time, so she and Rue became pretty good friends after all the years. I'd watched over Lizzy to see if she was good enough for my Rue. Lizzy had grown up in a sheltered home. Her parents kept her safe and sound. Her boyfriend and she had been together together for three years now. His name was Peter and he was a good boy, never pushed her into anything.

I opened the door and looked for Rue, only to find her in her usual spot. I smiled, she was so beautiful. I started walking towards her and she looked at me. Wait, she looked at me? SHE SAW ME! Keep cool, I thought.

I sat next to her and we stared at it each other, dazed. Until Lizzy broke the trance asking "Anything I can get you?"

It took me a moment before I could speak, but then I said, "I'll have the same as her."

"It will be right out!" and she walked back to the kitchen.

Rue got her voice, and she said, "Uhm, excuse me? Why are you sitting here?"

"Hello, my name is John." I'm talking to her! SHE KNOWS MY NAME! Breathe John, breathe.

How? How did she see me? I've heard stories of angels becoming visible to a human, but never did I actually believe it!

There once was an Angel, his name, Damion. Damion had been angel at the most important events in history. Father was very pleased with him. Damion was beloved by every angel there was. One day Damion was assigned to Liconcion (pernounced LICK-CON-SHUN) Liconcion grew up and marrried Oicanvian (pernounced OCT-A-V-AN) young. Oicanvian bared two children, a daughter, Anrenvienier (pernounced ANN-REN-V-EAR) and a son, Hamfenier (pronounced HAM-F-N-EAR)

Liconcion had cancer, but they weren't aware yet of cancer. Liconcion was dying, slowly and painfully. Poor Oicanvian couldn't stand the thought of life without him. Every night she sang a sad song and cried. She sang,

"Oilk van shelnc girh bog,

erlik oppit,

qirn er thwas oli possia,

qirn er thwas oli xenvr,

uhif op eb foreeviar,

zompr Liconcion"

Translated, the song went

"Oh death in it's time,

stop this,

give me what I love,

give me what I desire,

let me be eternally,

with Liconcion"

After a long day, Oicanvian came to sit and sing to Liconcion. Before she started, a man walked through the door. Quickly Oicanvian screamed and got the bed pan.

"Hush," the man spoke, "I am an angel, I will not harm you."

Curious, she asked, "What is an angel?"

"A follower of God" the angel explained.

"What or who is God?"

"He is the creator, he is the one, the over all being. He created the Earth, the Heavens, and everything you can ever think of. He watches over all. He loves all."

"Is he the one... killing my Liconcion?"

"He is not killing Liconcion, nor am I, he is taking him home. For what you think of death, is a tragedy. Death is nothing more than coming home, leaving this horrible place full of pain, suffering, loneliness, and all things evil. Your 'death' is a great happiness. Linconcion made all the right kind of choices. When he dies, I will tell him what I have told you about God. Liconcion will be faced with a choice, the biggest choice of all. Choose God, or burn in hell. If he chooses God, then he will live forever in heaven. And when you die, you will face the same choice. If you choose God, then you will live happily forever with God and your beloved Liconcion.