◀ ⚫ 7 ⚫ ▶

Zayn didn't want to tell his parents what happened that night but he found that he didn't really have a choice. He walked in the door crying and they weren't going to let him go to bed without explaining what had him so upset.

He was nervous. His parents hadn't known about the relationship he had with Harry. He never told them. Even though he had already expressed how much he hated when people said Harry wasn't normal, he still knew they may have felt differently about him having a romantic relationship with him versus only being friends with him.

Regardless of that, he told them about everything. The kisses, the cuddles and how Harry's grandmother found them and convinced his mother that he was about to rape Harry. It all came out. When he was done, his father was shaking his head.

"I'm sorry. But we can't do anything about it, Zayn. And technically, his grandmother was right. He is underage."

Zayn looked down in his lap. "So what are you saying? There's no way to see him?"

"Not unless you want to go to jail. He's still a minor."

"When does he turn eighteen?" His mother asked.

"Uh, the beginning of February. The first. Yeah, the first of February because that's when his mother bought presents and stuff."

"Oh. Well maybe you could wait till then. I know that's a long time from now but..."

Zayn shook his head. "You two don't understand. They don't ever let Harry outside and it wasn't that she was angry about him being underage. She threatened to send me to jail if I came to the house at all. Sure he'll be eighteen but it will still be her house. So nothing will really change."

"Oh." She looked toward her husband. She didn't know what to say.

"We can't tell you what to do, son." His father said. "And we don't know how you feel about Harry-"

"I really like him. That's how I feel about him. Listen, I know it's not what you expected and not what you're used to but I don't care. I really like him. Being with him makes me... He makes me feel like a kid again. He makes me happy in general. And I've never met anyone who could make me feel the way he makes me feel."

His mother smiled and his dad nodded to say that he understood his feelings for Harry.

"Then you need to decide what you're going to do. I can't tell you to forget about him but you don't want to go to jail either. So my only advice is to find another way. Maybe there is one. Maybe there's not. Just don't do anything stupid. We love you and we like whoever you like and support whatever relationship you're in. I know that you-"

He was interrupted by Zayn jumping up out of his chair. "You're right! Oh, thanks dad!" He ran over to hug him.

"Uh, what?"

"There is another way. I know what to do." Then he kissed his mother's cheek. "Thanks for the talk. I feel so much better now."

"Zayn... What are you thinking about doing?!" His father yelled out to him as he was leaving the kitchen.

"Goodnight! Love you!"

His parents looked at each other, now curious about what Zayn was thinking. They sure hoped he wasn't going to do what they were thinking he might do.

➡➡➡➡➡

A month later, Zayn had stood outside of the white house for a short while after ringing the doorbell. But finally someone peeked out of the curtain. He was relieved to see it was Harry and not anyone else.

"Zayn!" Harry yelled when he opened the door. He immediately reached out and hugged him tightly.

"Hey Harry. I missed you."

"I missed you too."

He stood there for ten seconds, waiting for Harry to let go. When he realized Harry wasn't letting go but instead, just whimpering and sniffling, he lightly nudged him off. "What's wrong Harry?"

"Mummy said that... She said that you wasn't um- coming back. I didn't... Want that."

He brought Harry's head down so that he could place a sweet kiss on his forehead. "I'll always come back. I could never leave you for good."

Harry wiped his eyes, those swords already calming him. "Mummy um... She threw my alligator away."

Zayn's heart fell to his feet. That was Harry's favorite stuffed animal. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault. She only did it because it was my gift and she doesn't like me anymore. Which is sort of what I need to talk about, so let me inside. I have some stuff to explain to you. It's about me coming to see you, alright?"

"Okay." He took Zayn's hand and he led him inside the house and into the living room. They sat out in the middle of the floor.

"Harry, the truth is that I'm not supposed to be here. I sneaked to see you. I know when your mother is gone because the car isn't in the driveway. I also know if your Nana is at the Senior Center or not because she opens the blinds to the window in her room when she's here. The blinds aren't open and no car is in the driveway, so I know that you're the only one here today." He sighed, knowing that Harry didn't understand all of that.

"I just want you to know that I won't be coming over as often. But I'll still be coming by to see you. I promise you this isn't the last time we'll see each other. I'll come and spend the day with you like I always have. I just have to leave before your mummy and Nana gets back so they don't know I've been here. Alright?"

"Yes." He said and Zayn smiled.

"Now can you still keep a secret?"

He nodded. "Uh huh. I won't tell."

He hesitated. "Don't tell mummy and Nana that I come by to see you. If you say anything, you won't ever be able to see me again. So can you promise not to tell them I came here?"

Again, he nodded. "I promise."

"That's not just for today, Harry. You have to do that all the time. You can't ever tell them."

He still nodded for a third time. "I won't... I'll be quiet."

Zayn sighed in relief. "Okay. That's great. I'm proud of you, Harry." He looked around the living room for something to do. "Where are your toys? We can play with your stuffed animals if you want."

He shook his head. "No."

"Then go get your learning cards and we'll do that instead."

"No."

Zayn was puzzled. "I'm confused. What do you want to do then?"

Suddenly he got up and went down the hallway. When he came back, he was holding three different books in his hands. He didn't say anything but Zayn still smiled when he sat next to him and lay his head on his shoulder.

He chuckled, took one of the books from Harry and then opened it up across both of their laps. "Alright. I get it. I'll read to you."