◀ ⚫ 3 ⚫ ▶

Zayn did come back though. It was some time later- about three weeks later- when he'd gone shopping and passed the toy aisle at the mart. In that moment when he saw the stuffed animals, all he could think of was Harry. Harry would love one of these. He knew he longed to see those rare green eyes light up along with his smile and this right here would give him a reason to do that.

He settled on a bright green alligator and bought that. He didn't bother wrapping it. Instead, he just drove right over and to Harry's white house and brought it up to the door. Not too long following the ringing of the doorbell, Nana stood in the doorway. She wasn't too happy about seeing him but he kind of expected that after what happened last time.

"I brought this for Harry as a gift and I'd like to give it to him personally if I could."

"Who's that at the door, mum?" He heard before the door opened wider and revealed Harry's mother. "Oh. Zayn, right?" She said.

"Yes ma'am. I know you weren't expecting me today, but I have something for Harry. This... May I give it to him? I don't even have to come in. I just would like to give it to him myself if that's okay."

She smiled hesitantly but kindly at him. "Sure. I'll go get him."

"Thank you."

After enduring Nana's death glares, Harry finally appeared. "Zayn. You're here." He said and he spotted what was in Zayn's hand right away. "What's that? Is that for me?"

"Yes." Zayn held it out to him. "It's yours. Do you like it?"

He slowly took it from him with a nod.

"What do you say Harry?" His mother questioned, though she was out of view.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Have fun with it."

"Wait." He smiled.

"What?"

Like last time, he took him by the hand and pulled him inside. "Come on. I'll show you my room."

Zayn looked back to his mummy and Nana. Nana was still glaring, but his mother was half smiling. Once Zayn was dragged around the corner and out of earshot, Nana closed the door and locked it.

"I don't like him." She told her daughter.

"Why not?"

"Can't you see? Something is up. What kind of boy just shows up with a stuffed animal for a mentally challenged boy without having ill intentions? This is exactly what we've been trying to avoid."

She sighed. "I know but... I also don't know. You saw the way he asked if Zayn was coming back. I feel that he's starting to understand what it's like to want somebody. I think he wants more than just you and me now. He wants peers."

Nana wasn't satisfied and nor was she giving up. "He may. But what is best for him? That's what you should think about. Just look at Zayn. Look at the way he dresses. Look at his tattoos. Is he really the kind of person you want around Harry? Just think about that and tell me if you believe you're doing the right thing."

She hesitated. "I see what you're saying. But he also brought him a gift today and he didn't hurt Harry last time he was here. I found no marks on him."

"For now. Who knows what that boy is up to? Even if it's not to hurt Harry, he might be trying to steal from us. As we speak, he could be casing the house so he can bring his boys back and take everything we have."

Harry's mother slowly brought her hands up to her mouth with a slow inhale. Her mother was right. What if that was what he was doing? Then what? But at the same time, she also didn't know. What if she was just judging him wrongly? That might even be worse.