Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The Stranger in my Bed

I rolled over and my arm smacked something hard yet warm. Not remember all the details from my birthday, I jumped back and grabbed my gun from my nightstand and pointed at the figure in my bed.

            My head pounded and I couldn’t remember anything. I rubbed my temples and slowly walked out of my room. When I heard his fumbling around in my room, I walked slowly back to the doorway. I poked the gun around the corner and followed with my body.

            “Whoa, what the hell Hope!” he exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air and backing away from the bed.

            “What the hell are you doing here?” I asked only briefly remembering him from the bar. I thought he was the one who Jessica hooked me up with but I couldn’t remember. I saw my clothes on the ground and realized I was naked in front of him, and he was too. I blushed, lowering my gun and pulling the sheet off the bed to cover my body. Doing the best I could with one hand. With my gun pointed back at him, the memories of last night washed over me.

            “Shit!” I cursed out loud, lowering my gun. The blush on my face showed the memories coming back. His body was crushing mine and I could do nothing but moan.

            “Are you okay there?” he asked, not sure if he should move or not. I chuckled to myself and locked the safety on the gun and put it back into the drawer. “I’m sorry,” I admitted. “I usually don’t do things like what we did last night,” I tried to say but looking at him, his hair tousled and his body flexing as he put on his clothes distracted me. He was one gorgeous man and I couldn’t help but admire him. Forgetting that I was also naked for a split second, I let the sheet drop.

            He had the decency to turn his eyes from my body and I turned around and walked into my closet. “I think you should leave,” I admitted sheepishly. He didn’t say anything, instead, he picked up his clothes and put them on silently. I pulled on my bathrobe and walked back out of the closet. I didn’t expect him to be gone so quickly, but I heard the front door shut as I walked out of my room.

            I slumped on the couch. “Holy hell, he was hot!” I exclaimed. I found my cell phone in my purse from the night before and checked it in case I was needed at work. Luckily there were no messages from Brez. I texted Jessica and asked her if she wanted to have lunch at our favorite little bistro down the street from the police station.

            While waiting for her reply, I hopped into the shower and washed away the dirtiness from my body. My hair was slick with sweat and my makeup was smeared. I knew that if I didn’t shower, I would give away exactly what— I didn’t know his name!

            I brought a stranger into my apartment and had crazy amazing sex, but didn’t even get to ask what his name was. Jessica would know. I would play it off as if we hadn’t done anything to get here to tell me his name. I smiled triumphantly and jumped out of the shower. My feet groaned as I put on my heels and a black fitted knee-length dress. I fluffed my hair with some mouse and allowed my natural waves to form as it dried. I brushed some foundation on my face as well as a little color for my cheeks and mascara and walked out of the house.

            I hopped into my car and drove to the bistro. I inhaled and exhaled preparing for Jessica’s over dramatic exasperation of what I had done the night before.

            “Morning baby sister!” she cried, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I chuckled and pulled away as the waiter came by to take our order. I smiled at the fact that he winked at me as I asked for a glass of water. Jessica caught on because she giggled like a school girl exclaiming how hot he was.