Heck Yeah!

Chapter 10- A/N: Wow. If you like it then put a vote on it. If not, then *sad face*.

~Choosing Day~

Todayigettotrainthetransfersyesimsoexcited. Ok. Act cool. I can't wait to scare the living daylights out of them. Since I am faction ambassador, I am also technically a leader, so muahahaha.

I wear very Dauntless clothes. Black skinny jeans, a red, tight cropped top and boots. And weapons belt, of course. Tanky is on my back, in a very slim pack. Even with it, I know that I could take any of the transfers. They are so weak. Besides, my workouts have paid off, and I can beat almost anyone at anything. Yup, fearless little me. I have a scorpion tattooed on my wrist to represent my fearlessness and the word fearless tattooed on my collarbone, in the same place as Tris' birds. To represent all of the struggles that I am now free of, I have three floating feathers on my ribcage. All of my tattoos are visible today.

I meet Uriah at the net. He is helping me train the transfers this year.

The first jumper is a Candor chick.

Once they are all safely on the ground, we take them to the pit. On the pit floor, we introduce ourselves.

"I am Mel and this is Uriah. We are your instructors." I hear whispering. "Whoever is muttering, speak up. Only cowards hide their words."

A blonde Candor asks, "Well, I was wondering why Dauntless let a disabled person to join." She points to my cannula.

"Mel is a prodigy. You should not be messing with her." Uriah comes to my defense.

"It's ok. Let me demonstrate. CHALLENGER!?" I yell to the entire pit. I wait. People have seen me beat the crap out of enough guys, that no one looks eager. The initiates notice. Finally, someone steps forward.

"Challenge Accepted." Colt comes forward. A surge of anger rushes through me as he cracks his knuckles. I grin. The initiates look dubious. Colt is twice my size.

We square up. I throw a rapid punch to his throat, then punch him in the gut. I sweep his feet out from under him, and give a quick punch to his jaw.

"By the way, I didn't cheat on you. I was almost raped and I'm taking the dog, Dumbass." I whisper.

Then, I clap both hands to his temples and he is out cold. No competition.

I straighten up, and look at the initiates stunned faces. I increase my oxygen flow, then turn back to them.

"So, as I was saying, we are your trainers. I was ranked first in my initiation class and I am a leader."

"She is also a Dauntless prodigy, with the lowest number of fears ever." Uriah smiles waiting for the question.

"How many?" An Erudite asks.

"None." I say quietly. We continue the tour, and arrive at the dorms.

"Training at 6:00. Don't be late." Uriah says as we leave. We go to the cafeteria, and sit with Tris, Four, Shauna, Zeke, Marlene, and Lynn.

"What were the initiates like?" Mar asks.

"Arrogant little pricks." They all laugh.

"Yeah, I saw Colt being taken away to the infirmary. Your work, I suppose." Four smirks.

"Well, he was stupid enough to accept my challenge. Saved that stupid Candor girl's skin, though." They all nod and smile. Everyone knows that accepting one of my challenges is pretty much suicide. Earlier, I even beat Dan from initiation. Without Eric threatening me, I actually fight better.

The next day, we decide to do knife throwing first. Uriah and I both demonstrate, then we recreate Four and Tris' old scare tactic. I stand in front of the target, and let Uriah throw at me. He doesn't nick me, but comes close. All of the initiates look sufficiently scared, so we let them try. There are only 15 initiates total this year, so 1/3 of them will be cut. We will only make cuts at the end of initiation, giving everyone a fair chance.

The fights go uneventfully, bruises, blood. We allow surrendering, but each one costs a point for the day. At the end of stage 1, the rankings are:

1. Graham(DB)

2. Lisha(DB)

3. Jamie(DB)

4. Hannah(C)

5. Matt(E)

6. Andi(E)

7. Jaki(C)

8. Rocki(DB)

9. Dar(DB)

10. Lauri(AM)

11. Shaun(DB)

12. Garret(E)

13. Bella(AM)

14. Roary(C)

15. Kalina(Candor smart mouth from beginning)

"May the odds be ever in your favor." I say before walking out. The day after tomorrow is the start of Stage 2.

A/N: Well, things are finally looking up for Mel. I hope you like it. Please Comment and Vote. Sorry, but if you hate it, I can't do anything about it. Also, there are a ton of movie/book quotes in the past couple of chapters. Comment when you find them!