Part V.

«Ever since you've been my ace of hearts, hit me like a freight train in the dark. Come on baby take me far away, I wanna get so lost in the great escape.»  

---

An entire generation of fruit flies could get into her dad's mouth at the moment. She wouldn't lie about it, she was proud. Suddenly becoming a bless to the family just because Mats Hummels was holding her hand was a good feeling. Damn it felt good –and even when Rowan hated it, they looked extremely good together. And yes, she looked like Dorothy Gale and he looked like Mr. Rogers and they were the perfect representation to 'fake goody two-shoes' but both took the part really well.

"I am so sorry, Rowan didn't tell us she was bringing you, Mats Hummels, home" Celine Mauer, a.k.a mamma bear, told him, motioning with her hand at his entire body.

To be fair mom, neither did we know he was going to be my fake-boyfriend today.

"My beautiful Rowan, always keeping me as a secret" Mats said and stroked her cheek with his free hand. Rowan smiled falsely and hit his arm playfully with her shoulder. "It's really a pleasure to finally meet you all. Rowan talks a lot about all of you the whole time and I couldn't wait to meet you" Hell he's really good with this, she thought.

Her father rose from his chair and approached them. He was still astonished about the fact that her daughter was apparently dating Mats Hummels.

"Edison Mauer" He extended his hand to Mats and this one let go of Rowan's to take it. Her father shook his hand for quite the while and didn't seem to want to let go. "I am so sorry, I just–I am a huge fan" Edison finally freed his hand and Mats smiled widely.

"I am a huge fan of your work too" He said and eyed Rowan with the corners of his eyes. Her eyes flew wide open and the need to hit him suddenly filled her body. He's doing something stupid. "I mean, you have a beautiful family Mr. Mauer" Mats cleared his throat and thought he offended him with that last comment.

That thought disappeared when Edison Mauer chuckled loudly. "Call me Edison please, you're like family now"

"Did you hear that Schatz? Like family" He took her hand back and smiled smugly at her, just because Mats knew how much that irritated her guts.

"Yeah meine liebe, like family" Rowan painfully squeezed his hand, digging her nails into his skin. Mats pressed his lips together feeling the pain. "Anyway, where's the birthday girl?" She softened her grip and grinned.

"Jana, honey, come here, your sister is here and she brought company!" Celine called loudly.

The sound of someone running downstairs appeared. Mats and Rowan turned to see the inside of the house and spotted the seventeen year-old walking quickly towards them. Her eyes were glued to the screen of her phone causing her to almost stumble with one of the sofas.

"Ro you are fina–holy shit that's Mats Hummels!" Jana said as soon as she saw who was holding her sister's hand. Her lips were parted in surprise and her eyes were wide open. Mats noticed she was like a mini version of Rowan and smiled.

"Jana, watch your language" Her mother scolded.

"Holy smokes that's Mats Hummels!" She pointed at him and both, Mats and Rowan, chuckled softly. "My sister is holding hands with Mats Hummels? Oh God!"

Rowan raised their hands together in the air and glanced at the grip. "Yes, your sister is holding hands with Mats Hummels" She comically confirmed.