chapter 6

"Why don't you just tell him you don't love him?" asked Edward, I gave Edward a look that I hoped said 'go die in a hole'.

"What happen to you listening to all my phone calls?" I asked, with an eye roll.

"I'm sorry, I never should have done that but still."

"I have.... he doesn't listen to me," I said looking at the table, and the half eaten salad.

The bell went off, "I got to get to class."

 "I'll walk you there," said Emmett.

"Well we have to go to the same class so why not."

*

"Phoebe how about you come over to our house?" asked Bella after the last class of the day.

"I don't know if that's...." I started but Bella cut me off.

"Oh come on it will be fun."

Sighing I said, "okay but only for a little bit."

*

"Okay I have to know....." Edward started but stopped when Bella put a hand on his arm.

"What? You can ask I don't mind," I said not reallly thinking about what he could be asking.

"How do you know about us?" Emmett said, looking up at me from the sofa that he wassitting on.

"Aha what?" I asked trying to get round the question.

"Don't act stupid, because we all know your not," Emmett said, giving me a glare.

"Well if you guys knew the truth... you would hate me," more then you already do, I thought to myself.

"Oh sweetie, we could never hate you," Alice said.

"Oh I think you could and I don't want to lose the only people I know in this school," I said looking down at my hands.

"Just tell us, will you," said Bella.

I sighed, "well you know how I couldn't tell you who was calling me?"

"Yeah why?" Bella was to first to talk.

"Well you know him," I said not looking up.

"Really?" asked Nessie.

"Well you may not know him as well as everyone else," I said looking up at her.

"Who is it?"

"Um well you're not going to like this."

"Wait, you know Demetri," yelled Edward.

I gave him a small smile, "I told you, you wouldn't like it."

"Wait you know the Volturi?" asked Jasper.

"Kinda," I said with a shy smile.

"Why didn't you tell us before, we could help, with whatever it is that you need help with," Nessie said.

"I don't need help," getting a little anger at the fact that they thought that I needed help if anything.

"If you know the Volturi you must need some help, I mean why would you want to be around them," Alice said with a sad smile.

"I never said that I wanted to be around them but I don't want you to get in to this mess."

"Why," Jasper asked.

"The Volturi don't like you guys because you are more powerful then them and they don't know you here. They thought Forks was clear of vampires, that's how I want it to stay. The Volturi would make me move again and I don't think I can take that."

"Why would they make you move, and why do you even know about them?" asked Emmett.