chapter 5

"Adopted? Really? I didn't know that you were Adopted," Bella said, with a look at said I was not getting out of talking about this.

"Yeah I'm adopted, I was really little when it happened so I don't remember my mom or dad," I said hoping that was what she wanted to hear, and taking another bite hoping to put off whatever questioned they would ask next.

"What's your adopted parents names?"

"I only have a dad, but his name is Max O'Conner."

"Wait you keeped you last name?" Nessie said.

"Yeah so?" I said taking yet anothe bit of the salad that I was starting to wish I hadn't gotten.

"Just asking."

Edward was looking at me with his lips in a thin line, "what are you not telling us?"

"Nothing, I'm an open book."

"Okay, were did you move from before Alaska?"

"New York."

"Before that?"

"Tulsa."

"Before that?"

"Dallas, and before that was Phoenix, L.A for a little while before that, Nashville, um Denver and before that I lived in Paris, before that Athens for about a month, Berlin, Jackson, I lived in China for about three months, six different cities, never staying in one city for long, Egypt, Springfield, I lived in London for about six weeks, Santa Fe, Sicily, before that I was in Houston, and I was born in Boston and that's where my adopted father found me. I'm fluent in ten different language. I don't have a life because I move so much. By the time I make friends it's time to move again. New York was the longest time I have spent in one place. I can't even count how many airports I have been in. I'm just ready for it all to be over with."

"Wow," Jasper said.

I sighed. "Any more questions?" I asked, not really wanting to answer any more.

" Yeah two questioneds, what do you mean 'ready for it all to be over with,' and who's 'D'," Edward asked.

"I thought we were past the whole 'D' thing, and when I 18 everything will change, I'll get to live in one place as long as I want."

"We all just want to know who is making you so mad, so we don't end up like him and I guess that makes since," Jasper said looking around the table.

"He is just some guy that doesn't get that I'm not in love with him."