Christmas

Christmas special for 2011! Part one of two. This is a cute little blurb about Liam and Piper's third Christmas together. For those of you who haven't read my story "Missed Me", don't worry: you'll still get this without reading it. But for those who have, I hope you'll love this! I loved bringing them back once again!

"Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas, Liam."

   Liam and I had been married for two and a half years now. We had gone through Christmas as a married couple before, and it had been nerve racking. Valentine’s Day was even worse. As if it could be more awkward, we had an anniversary now. That had been fun the first go ‘round—actually it had been, but the weeks agonizing of it before hadn’t been.

  Every holiday as Mrs. Nelson had been a frightening new thing for me. I dealt with it, though, and it ended up not being as scary as I thought it would be.

  And yet when December rolled around once more……I was terrified all over again.

  It made me sad that I no longer shared Christmas morning with my parents, but happy, still, that I got to spend them with Liam. I still agonized of what to get him, though. Why did men have to be so difficult when getting gifts? It had been hard enough the first time, but this year was proving to be more difficult.

  I usually went shopping with my mom and the twins—she took them aboslutely everywhere, even though they were a little over three by now. Mom was a pro at gifting by now, so I took a lotta tips from her.

  We were currently at the TSC, the store my dad and Liam both swore by—though, truthfully, I think Liam liked it better.

  I glanced over the many tools and manly trinkets they had to offer. I was not swayed by buzz saws or weed hackers, but, knowing Liam, this would be heaven to him, the weirdo.

  “Really?” my mom said, coming to stand beside me. “Weed wackers?”

  I sighed irritably. “Well, I was just thinking Liam’s is kinda old and it might break any time soon.”

  “That’s really sentimental.” She lifted her brows at the price tag. “And expensive.”

  “Mom, I don’t ever know what to get him. The little things are easy, sure, but other stuff…” I bit my lip. I felt terrible. It was like I didn’t know my husband at all! And I did, I really did. We had grown up together. Well, sorta. We were childhood friends but when I moved away from Tennessee we sort of lost contact. When I moved back, things picked off right where we left off, except we were both older and, well….more attractive. It was a long and sometimes painful journey, but eventually we started getting serious about eachother. We might have been “dating” for a little over a month before he popped the question.

  And, well, to make a long story short—so far so good.

  “He’s your husband,” my mom said with a cheeky grin. She could never get over the fact that I had been married almost a year by the time I turned nineteen. Well, I was twenty—and a half—now.

  I was about to say something snarky when Gracie Lynn started crying. I looked down at my gorgeous little sister. Only a year old and already the girl was a knock out. Her bright blonde hair was long and curled at the ends, her blue eyes glowing, always, with the knowledge that she was pretty much amazing.

  “Oh!” my mom gasped. “What’s wrong, honey?”

  Gracie Lynn pointed accusingly at me equally as far haired brother. They looked almost exactly the same, except Attie’s eyes were green and he wasn’t quite as outgowing as his fifteen seconds older sister. “He hit me!” she wailed.