Holiday Specials

HALLOWEEN

Meet Ally and Drew. Just two teenagers, a sister and a brother, who enjoy Halloween. They go to the infamously dark haunted house, full of brain sucking zombies. But what they don’t know is these flesh eating creatures aren’t just teenagers in costumes. They’re real. And once a costumer is in…..they can’t get out.

 Every year on Halloween my older brother and I went to haunted houses. Last year we went to the haunted prison….that was plain awesome. Normally, we chose the more tame sites; Drew didn’t like the gory ones.

  But this year a new haunted house had been advertised as “The Best One Yet” and I just had to go! Unfortunately for Drew, it was likely to be fairly gory. It was a mansion and large expanse of land full of flesh eating zombies! I was absolutely itching to go! The bad thing was it was only open one night; Halloween day. It was sure to be crazily packed. But we were ready for anything.

  This year I was being a flapper. Cool, right? I had even cut my long red hair to a bob just for the occasion. I was in dark colors; black and white. I looked amazing. I could have been a flapper in another life.

  Drew went as Indiana Jones. I know; boring, right?

  When we got there, the place was certainly packed. We scampered right into the long, twisting line of people waiting to be scared.

  “Are you excited?” I asked Drew.

  He shrugged in his Drew-like-manner. “What’s another haunted house?” He did a double take on me. “Jeeze, Al, are you cold?”

  I shook my head, even though I was a little cold. “Just excited!” I always shook like crazy when I got anxious.

  Drew rolled his eyes. “You are pathetic, you know that?”

  I nodded. I knew.

  Drew swore under his breath. “I forgot the money in the car. Wait here, okay? I’m gonna go get it.”

  “Okay.”

  After Drew began making the long trek back to his little Ranger, I wished fleetingly that I’d asked for his jacket. Once we were in the mansion I would be less chilly, adrenaline instantly heating me up from the inside out.

  “You here alone?” a voice behind me asked.

  I turned around. “Oh. No. My brother had to run back to his car.” I looked the guy up and down. He didn’t appear to be in costume, unless he didn’t wear black jeans and a white shirt every day. Or maybe the leather jacket had something to do with it….

  “Oh, I get it!” I laughed suddenly. It should have tipped me off before, what with the dark hair styled as it was. “You’re Damon Salvatore, huh?”

  The guy opened his mouth, revealing ceramic fangs. “Yup. You’d think more people would get it, but you’re pretty much the only one.”

  I shrugged. “What can I say? I’ve been a fan before there was even a show.”

  He lifted his brows. “Really, now? Well, that’s dedication for you there.”

  The funny thing was, he kind of looked like Ian Somerhalder, and then again he didn’t. He had the same sharp cheekbones and blue eyes; although his eyes were more royal blue. I might have been bold enough to state he was better looking than Ian Somerhalder. He just looked like a nice boy, maybe a year older than me.

  “Are you here alone?” I asked him.

  He nodded. “Yup.”

  “Why on earth would you go to a haunted mansion alone?” I laughed.