Epilogue

Epilogue

Six Months Later

I stand in what used to be my living quarters, but today is serving as my dressing room. Looking into the mirror, I am wearing a simple white wedding dress that hugs my body in all the right ways. My hair is in a simple bun with a few strands falling free and my makeup consists of a modest cat eye and red lips.

Molly is helping Summer zip up her strapless bridesmaid dress that’s a deep red. Emma and Payton are finishing putting on their jewelry and Sophie is busy throwing the flowers out of her basket. Smiling, I feel butterflies swarm around in my belly. By now Nathan should be at the alter with his brothers beside him waiting for me to walk down the aisle. 

Eleanor walks in to check on me and she smile warm when she sees me in my dress.

“You look beautiful Ainsley.” She tells me as she hugs me.

“Thank you for everything, I don’t think I could have survived any of this.” I say and she smiles.

She places her hand on my stomach and says, “You had it in you the whole time; now just focus on the future. There will be exciting news coming very soon.”

She steps back and I touch my stomach knowing what she was hinting. Before I can say thing she is out the door and Mr. Cranford walks in.

“I believe it is almost show time.” He greets and everyone hurries out to line up.

Smiling I say, “I’m happy you’re here and thanks for walking me down the aisle.”

“It’s an honor and a privilege to give you away.” He says as tears fill his eyes.

Smiling, I say, “Thank you, thank you for coming to my rescue. You are the best father figure I could ever ask for.”

“You are welcome; now let’s get you down that aisle before Nathan comes looking for you. That boy is ready to make you his.” He says and I mental say that I already belong to him.

The moment we met, I was his and there was no way to fight it.

Mr. Cranford leads me where the ceremony will take place by the woods. It is dusk and lanterns are strung up to give a light glow as the sunsets. The music begins and Sophie walks out first followed by Alexander who is the ringer bearer. Next are Emma, then Shawn, Ashton, Asher, Donnie, Summer, Jonah, and then Molly. Nathan walks down last and takes his place at the altar.

Now it is mine turn and Mr. Cranford walks me proudly down the aisle as everyone stands and watches me. But the only one I watch is Nathan, never breaking eye contact. Never in a million year have I ever thought I would be here; me a witch marrying a werewolf. Who would have thought of that?  

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yeah, I finished! Hope you all enjoyed the story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please vote and leave some comments. Thank you bunches for reading!

Love Always, Sky