Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ainsley

After dinner, everyone is around the dining room table eating apple pie with ice-cream and joking around. I think it’s really the first time I have seen Nathan happy and it suits him. With everyone together in one room, I can see the family resemblance besides from Payton, but I don’t think it bothers her. She is just happy to be with a family who cares.

As everyone finishes, I head into the kitchen and begin wrapping up leftovers; which isn’t much. The girls bring in the dishes and I ask if they could rinse the plates before putting them in the dishwasher. We finish quickly and everyone heads into the den.

Before I could join the others Nathan walks up to me and asks, “I would like to discuss things about you working here.”

“Ok sure.” I reply and I follow him into his office.

Nathan sits behind his desk and I settle into one of the chairs across from him. I take in his features and I think I have never seen a man as handsome as him. All the Reynolds boys are handsome, but there is something about him that makes him stand out to me. His hair is messy from running his hands through it and he has a couple day old beard that makes him look rough in an attractive way.

“Dinner was delicious tonight. You can cook, bake, restore a 1966 Mustang, and cure Sophie’s fear of thunder storms; what else can you do?” He asks with a smile playing on his lips.

“I can’t giveaway all my secrets I have to keep you on your toes with my awesomeness.” I tease and he lets out a deep laugh.

Shaking his head, he starts, “Ok I want to go over what you would be required to do as nanny. Taking care of the kids is the main thing; making sure they are going to school and eating healthy and behaving well. Also cooking, cleaning, and shopping for food which we well give you a credit card for you to carry. You can stay in the guest house; it links to the main garage and it will give you privacy. You’ll have one day off a week either Saturdays or Sundays; we can fend for ourselves.”

“That all sounds good; I’ll take Sundays off and if you like I can always make a casserole for you to heat up if y’all don’t want to fend for yourselves. Also I have things that I want to do my way. First of all I want to drive the younger kids to and from school. I think all the kids should have chores so they can learn discipline; things like cleaning their rooms and putting the dishes away. Lastly I feel that there should be a night once a week where everyone gets together and watch movies or play board games to bond. I know you are busy, but those little things really impact kids and it helps them feel more secure and they will open up more.” I answer and he nods his head at everything I say.

“I agree to everything and your right; when I talked to Payton this afternoon, she was so closed off and I don’t want her to feel that way. Since you’ve been here, she seems happier; heck everyone is happier. Thank you. I want you to know that even though you work for my family, you can come to me with any problem.” He says and I nod my head before he continues; “Now we have to discuss your pay, I really don’t know how much nannies make so I will pay you 1000 a week. You will also get the typical benefits and plus the guest house to live in. Will that be enough?”