Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ainsley  

“Molly calm down; you look beautiful.” I say and Molly narrows her eyes at me.

In twenty minutes, she will be walking down the aisle to marry her mate and future husband. Yesterday I found out that she is three weeks pregnant and now she feels like a fat cow which is all in her mind. I have spent the last hour calming her done.

“I can’t believe I’m getting married and I got pregnant first. I live in the south, that’s a no-no unless you have no morals.” She says while she is pacing in her wedding dress.

Sighing, I say, “Look at it like this. Joseph has already marked you as his so basically that makes you a married couple; all this it to make it official to the human world so stop freaking out over something that’s nothing.”

“You’re right; I guess its hormones. I can’t believe I’m going to be a mom. I never thought I would ever have any of this.” She answers and I know how she feels.

Growing up in a home where abuse was common and you had no one that cared makes you hard. I may work with kids all the time, but the thought of ever having my own family scares me.

“You’re going to be great; never think less of yourself Molls. Also Joseph is going to be there for you every step of the way.” I say and she quickly hugs me tightly.

We stay like that for a while before she says, “Thank you for protecting me and believing in me. I think I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for you. I love you Ains.”

I’m lost for words. All I can do is nod my head, because if I talk I will cry. Molly is my best friends, but most of all she is my sister.

Letting her go, I smile at her appearance. She is wearing mermaid style dress that hugs her figure and there is a lace overlay. The sweetheart neckline it modest and the lilac ribbon gives it a romantic fill. Her hair is half up and curled with a flower clip in the side and a long veil that goes with the dress. Her makeup is simple with a smoky purple shadow that complaints her soft rosy lips. She looks beautiful and Joseph will have a heart attack when he sees her.

Looking into the mirror, I'm happy with my makeup. My make-up is similar to Molly’s, but my eye shadow is a light brown and I lips are a soft peach gloss. The hairstyle I pick out is a braid that goes around my hairline and settles into a loose bun. There are a few lose pieces and there is a flowers clip that is similar to Molly’s. Like the other bridesmaids we are wearing white flower stud earrings and a bracelet that matches.

We hear the music begin and I smile at Molly so I say, “We better go before he hunts you down.”

“There is one thing I want to ask you Ains. Since I don’t have anyone to walk me down the aisle, will you do it? I can’t think of anyone better than you.” She asks and I smile.

Nodding my head, I whisper, “I will be honored. Are you trying to make me cry today?”