Part XI

But then, two hands were placed on my shoulders, and I turned around.  Both Sam and Andrew were standing over me, their faces both happy and concerned.  My voice failed me, but I jumped up and hugged them both.

“How did you get out of that?” I asked Andrew.

“I can control metal, remember?” he replied.

“Are you alright too, Sam?”

“I’ll be fine.” he answered.  “Though I’m going to have a massive headache tomorrow.”  I couldn’t help but giggle at that.  “Are you alright?”

“I’m great now that I know that you’re both okay.”

“Well, I’m not entirely okay.  Do you think you could help get this arrow out of my shoulder?”

“Oops.  Here, let me heal it.”

“Be careful.  It’s in there pretty good.”  I reached out and swiftly pulled the arrow from his shoulder.  “Ow!  Did you have to yank it out like that?”

“It would have hurt a lot more if I had gone slow.  Now let me heal it.”

I placed my hand on his shoulder, and a white light glowed.  I could tell the pain was fading, but I didn’t know enough to completely heal it.

“Is that all you can do?”

“I can only heal the outer portion of your arm; the muscles will have to heal on their own time.”

“Thank you for doing what you could.”

“Your welcome.”

“Now, let’s get back to the village before anything else happens.”

Chapter 12: Searching For Answers

                                                                                 -Samuel-

We returned to the village and informed them of what we had learned.  Thomas insisted a scavenger party be sent immediately, but I had to stand my ground in saying that the three of us needed rest.  He agreed, but stated that he had made enough weapons for the trained warriors of the village to escort it without us.

“Do you really think that is a wise idea?” I asked him.

“They are well trained, and I believe they are ready for the real deal.” he replied.

“You did say you wanted them to be able to function without us.”  Natalie added.  “This is the best time to see how they do by themselves.”

“I guess you’re right.” I agreed.  “Go ahead and send them out.”

“I will alert the convoy leader immediately.” Thomas said.

“We’ll see you around.”

“Goodbye.”

We rested for the whole day, and we rose early the next morning to await the arrival of the convoy.  It was the first time the convoy had been gone the whole night, and we were curious as to how they fared.  We waited at the eastern gate, and we soon saw the convoy on the horizon.  They seemed to be in good spirits, and they moved quickly.  Soon, they were at the gates, and the three of us congratulated the warriors for bringing them back safely.

“Was there any trouble?”  I asked the commander.

“We ran into a small group of them while we were collecting that ore, but they proved to be easy enough.” he replied.

“Were any lost?”

“No, we’re all back safe and sound.”

“What did you think of that chamber?”