Ten

"Evan" I say against the door, pressing my ear closer to the door to hear any movement. "Evan please open the door." I say again and in return silence. I touch my forehead to the door and once, twice bang it on the door. After I accept he's not coming out I turn around and slide down the door.

Why was he so angry at me? "Open your eyes Belle."

I kept seeing his smiling, his smile lines and his square jaw. I just needed to talk to him.

"Evan." I breathed out again and sat with my arms around my legs.

Five minutes, or an hour. I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but the more the time passed I could hear movement in the apartment. I knocked again, and still no answer. When I had finally accepted that I should leave, mostly because I couldn't hold my tears in anymore; I heard a high pitch voice.

"Oh." Jackie said, staring at me on the floor. "What are you doing here?" she said pushing her hair out of her face and turning behind her.

"I uhm.."

Peter came sprinting after, putting his keys in his pocket and our eyes met.

"Belle?" he looked at me confused.

"I uhm," I tried pushing myself up the floor, too quickly fumbling with my things. "I was just leaving." I said and turned towards the parking lot, but somehow my shoe got caught on my other foot and my weight went under me.

"Woah." Peter said and pulled me back up before fell and looked at me. His eyes were blank. As if he didn't recognize me. I glanced back at Jackie, who was staring at his hands on my waist.

"Sorry." I said pulling away and started walking backwards. "I.."

"Evan!" Jackie screamed, making my heart palpate as Peter finally looked at me. I turned and saw Evan and he glance between Peter and I, then I turned to Peter who was asking so many questions with his eyes.

My breathe had become rigid and I was blinking to fast. All of there eyes were on me, and my chest felt heavy.

She knows.

What is he doing here. What are they doing here.

Evan is looking at me, disappointed. Angry.

She's looking at me and him. Both of them.

I start staggering back, holding my hands out.

"I should go." I say through rigid breathes and don't look any of them in the eyes. I point towards my car and spring towards it holding myself.

I'm running, and I heard footsteps behind me, but I don't stop. I don't. I just run. My breathing hard. My hands are shaking and I'm running.

"Belle."

I don't stop.

"Belle." he says again. And spins me around to look at him when I reach my door.

"What were you doing at Evans house?" Peter says and holds my shoulders tightly. I pull myself away and stare at him.

"What are you doing with her?" I say through gritted teeth, and rake my shaking hands through my hair.

"She's my wife." he says his eyes glaring.

"Then go back to her

"Then go back to her." I say and turn around and try to pull the door open. He twirls me around and he's angry.

"How dare you be mad at me? You can't just ask me to end things in a day?" he says and his angers rolling off him.

"Because I have a right to Peter!" I say and finally click the door open. "You're hesitating..."

"It's a third of my life that I have spent with her, so many years. You can't ask me to throw that away." he says and holds on to my door.

"I never did." I say and slam my door shut, almost taking his fingers with me.

"Yes you did." he says. It's muffled through the glass, and when I lower it his features are softening. "That night. You told me to choose you. Maybe you thought I would forget, or that I was already asleep. But I heard you."

"Go." I breathe out, "She's going to have too many questions on why you're taking to long."  I start the engine and speed away. Leaving him in the parking lot.  I leave both of them.