Eight

A/N: This is long over due. But before I continue and hopefully get back into this world of Belle, Peter and Evan, I want to thank each any everyone of you. This story has over 13 thousand views and over 200 votes. It might not seem much, but considering I hate my writing and it took a lot of courage to post any of this. Thank you so much for the feedback, the views and the votes. This is for you. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know for how long I went without speaking to anyone, it might have been a day or week. But my calendar told me it had been exactly 12 days. I had called out of work after my attack for almost 3 days, until my boss had called me to tell me I had to come in. So I did. 

He was there, and so was she. So was everyone else. My eyes glazed over almost detail of each day. I ate when my stomach hurt, and drank when I felt thirsty. I answered questions, with as minimal words as I could get away with. He tried talking to me, and so did he. Both of them had tried coming over, but I tried to block the noise of my headphones or the shower I somehow always got into. 

About the 8th day into this dreaded time, I realized I didn't have friends. I didn't have a girlfriend I could go to, I didn't have siblings and my parents lived across the country. I was alone. That was my first mistake in getting involved with Peter. I made him my sole priority even though I knew I wasn't his. Evan, well he came with Peter. Without Peter there wasn't a him so when I laid in bed watching whatever was on when I clicked the TV on, I just wanted to be with him. 

Peter. 

His hair, and his beautiful eyes. How every time he laughed I could see his top row teeth, perfectly aligned to the next. How when I sat on his lap, and talked about a character I was reading about he always paid attention. He wasn't looking away, on his phone or asking to talk about something else. But mostly I was thinking about his touch. How whole he made me feel. How this hole in my chest wasn't existence with him. He made me smile, and laugh and moan like no one had ever done. 

So here I am, staring at him. On my couch. He smiled and with all odds, my body reacted. He somehow still had control over me. How much as before, well we'd find out. 

"I'm surprised you called me." he says, and cocks his head to the side. 

"I'm surprised Jackie didn't ask where you'd be." I said, more bitterly then I intended. 

"She's not home." he says and gives me another grin. "Now tell me." he scooted closer to me, and laid his hand on my mine. "how are you." 

His eyes softened, which made me relax and feel vulnerable at the same time. I shook my head, feeling the tears well up in my eyes already. He nodded and squeezed my hand. My chest felt stricken and my bottom lip trembled

"I knew what I was getting myself into." I said, reach up to catch the tear already slipping. "I knew you weren't mine." I said, grazing his wedding band. "I know you aren't." 

"I could be." he says, and gasp escapes my lips. I'm looking deep in his eyes, and he keeps smiling. "I could." He grazes his fingers over mine and my chest keep cramping. In this odd hurting, but pounding sensation that made it difficult for me to breath. "I told her to quit. And I told her I needed time." he says, every word swaying each movement I made. The tears had weld up more in my eyes, and with the way he looked I saw in his eyes, there was a promise. Of a us. An us that was never possible before.