The Entertainer

Genre‎: ‎Drama‎; ‎Comedy‎; ‎Romance
No. of episodes‎: ‎18 

Shin Suk-Ho (Ji Sung) works for Top Entertainment Company as a director, but he is about to start his own company Mango. He will take with him the boy group Jackson who are bout to end their contract with Top Entertainment Company. Lee Joon-Suk (Jeon No-Min) is the CEO of Top Entertainment Company and he will not let Shin Suk-Ho start his own company. He orders Kim Joo-Han (Heo Joon-Seok) to create a dirty scheme. 

Due to the scheme, Suk-Ho gets locked up in prison for DUI and he loses the boy group Jackson to Top Entertainment Company. Without Jakson, Shin Suk-Ho's new company finds itself in a difficult situation. Suk-Ho goes to Busan to borrow money, but he gets humiliated. He becomes extremely frustrated by everything.

At that time, he hears a private institute's promotional song. The song wakes him up and he walks over to the private institute to find out who sang the song. In Busan, Ha-Neul (Kang Min-Hyuk) is a high school student. His older sister is Geu-Rin (Hyeri). They are each other's only family members as their parents died in a car accident. Geu-Rin takes time off from college to work part-time. 

Ha-Neul is then falsely accused of sexual harassment by his female friend and he is placed on probation by the court. Ha-Neul decides to not go to college and to not sing which he wanted to do so much. Ha-Neul is also the person who sang the private institute's promotional song. The next day, Suk-Ho finds out the identity of the singer. He follows Ha-Neul. Ha-Neul, going through dark times because of the sexual harassment claim, stands on the ledge of a building. At that time, Suk-Ho tells Ha-Neul "Die later. Now you will do what you want to do. Sing." Shin Seok-ho starts a new journey with Ha-neul, forms the group 'Entertainer Band' (Ddandara band/ 딴다라 벤드), and tries to put things in their right place with the help of band members, his loyal friends and Jung Geu-rin.

Ji Sung as Shin Suk-ho
Suk-ho works as a director of a big entertainment company, KTOP Entertainment. He is a cunning and self-centered person in work fields. At first he only wants to use Jo Ha-neul to save his company and promises him to make him a well-known singer, but after getting to know him better, he has a change of heart and sincerely wants to make Ha-neul a successful musician. Shin Suk-ho has great observations to find talented 'Entertainers'. 

Kang Min-hyuk as Jo Ha-neul
Jo Ha-neul is a high school student in his last year. Even though he is cold on the outside, he is actually a kind teenager with an amazing talent in music. His life was ruined after his best friend, Lee Ji-young, accused him for sexually abusing her. With the record he had, he has faced rejection, hatred and was bullied at school. It also made it harder for him to become a musician, because there will be negative attitude from people towards him, his band-mates, Geu-rin and Seok-ho. Shin Seok-ho decides to help him by looking for the real abuser in order to clear Ha-neul's name. 

Lee Hyeri as Jung Geu-rin
Geu-rin is the guardian/big sister of Jo Ha-neul. She lost her parents when she was in high school and Ha-neul's family raised her in the absence of their dead son, Jo Ha-neul's big brother. They took care of her like she's their real daughter. So after their death in a car accident, she promised to repay their kindness by taking care of their only son, Ha-neul. Before she became 'Entertainer Band/tantara band' manager, she used to work 3-4 part-time jobs a day because of financial problems. 

Chae Jung-an as Yeo Min-joo 
Min-joo is Seok-ho's loyal work-mate and friend for 10 years. She always helps him in hardships. She is working in 'Ocean Music'. She seems to have an interest in Seok-ho but he never sees her that way. The truth is that she is the youngest daughter of a rich family which runs a big company, but she wants to keep her identity as a secret. After quitting 'Ocean Music', she becomes the director of 'Mango Entertainment' (Seok-ho's company) while Seok-ho is the CEO.

Gong Myung as Kyle/Lee Bang-geul
Kyle is a genius musician who studied classic guitar at Juilliard. He decided to quit Juilliard to find a new way, he was scouted by Shin Seok-ho after he saw him performing as an extra guitarist in a random indie-band performance. At first he decided to quit from 'tantara band/Ddandara band" because Ha-neul was an ex-convict, but then he decided to trust Ha-neul. He is the guitarist. 

Lee Tae-sun as Na Yun-soo
Yun-soo is a humble and polite person who is also a single dad, and had worked as a guitarist at a night club. He met Shin Seok-ho in the club and is thankful to Seok-ho for understanding that his guitar is precious for him and only he can use his guitar. He felt respected as an 'entertainer'. After he heard the news that Shin Seok-ho had built his own company, he came to him and asked him for a job. At first Seok-ho refused because he was a single dad of a son (named Chan-Hee), but then Seok-ho decided to accept him into the band. He is the bassist. 

L.Joe as Seo Jae-hoon
Jae-hoon is a student at Seoul University and belongs to a rich family. He loves playing drums in his free time. He seems like a Mama's boy and since childhood, he has followed whatever his mother wanted. After thinking for a while, he decides to leave his mother's dream and to follow his own dream focusing as a drummer of 'tantara band/Ddandara Band'. 

Jung Man-sik as Jang Man-sik
Jang Man-sik is a songwriter who has worked with KTOP Entertainment. He has a long friendship with Seok-ho and Min-joo. He likes Min-joo so much that his apartment passcode is Min-joo's Birthday. 

Ahn Nae-sang as President Byun
President Byun is the owner of a music rehearsing studio that is used by 'Entertainer Band/tantara band' located in Hongdae. He used to work at KTOP and was a work-mate of KTOP CEO. After leaving KTOP he decided to become a 'church music' director. He knows Shin Seok-ho since the days he was still at KTOP. He knows the real truth of Jo Ha-neul's brother death, and that's the reason why he decided to leave KTOP because of the feeling of guilt.