Chapter 13

Norah had just turned the light off in the bathroom as the doorbell rang. When Caleb had awakened her, she had been dreaming of him and the first time he had kissed her and when he told her she needed to get up that Rainer and Alice would arrive soon she had fallen back to earth with a bump.  

She put all of her sketches together and stored them, throwing away the one she did that morning of her back, hoping that Caleb hadn't noticed it. When she had moved into her bedroom to get ready, she had noticed that Caleb's things had been transferred from the guest bedroom into hers and her heart gave a little leap. She had not been expecting it, she had thought he would take the couch.

Norah had to concede that she had wanted a way to get him back in her bed and this just might be the way to do that. That was if he still wanted her, and she wasn't sure that he did want her. He hadn't gotten close physical since he had seen her scars unless you counted when he helped her in the shower and a single kiss, and since both happened under duress she wasn't counting them.

"Norah!" Caleb called, shaking her from her depressing thoughts.

When she walked into the living area it was to see petite little Alice standing between the two men. She couldn't stand much more than five foot and Rainer and Caleb towered above her.

"We were just discussing dinner," Caleb said reaching an arm out towards her and drawing her into the conversation. He placed his hand on her hip pulling her to his side and Norah leaned into him wrapping her arm around his waist feeling as if she had just returned home after a long time away.

"How about Mexican, I know this little mom and pop place just a few minutes from here. It's not much on atmosphere but the food is the best," Norah suggested, trying not to sound as breathless as she felt by Caleb's closeness.

"That sounds perfect," Alice said.

"Well, if that's what you ladies want who are we to object?" Rainer grinned and after they did a little settling in they loaded up and headed to the restaurant.

"Your right it's not much on atmosphere," Rainer said as he looked around. Rosita's Cantina. Was in a strip center, there were no curtains in the windows, the tables are wobbly with no coverings and with their red vinyl cracking, the chairs had seen better days.

"We can go somewhere else," Norah said quickly.

"Hell no, this looks promising." Rainer chose a table by the kitchen.

"One of the games that Rainer and Caleb like to play is who's eaten in the worst restaurant. With all of the traveling that they do they have some real horror stories to tell."

Alice watched Rainer and Caleb while they settled in as if they owned the place.

"Are those two ever out of their element?" Norah asked, once again surprised at the ease with which they had settled into the little restaurant.

"I cried once and Rainer was way out of his element on that one. But somehow I don't think Caleb would be. All of the Steven's men like women but Caleb...he adores them."

Norah remembered the scene in Quinn's office and how he had just held her while she cried her heart out.

"It took Caleb all of five minutes to ask me out after we first met," Alice added without thinking

"When was that?" Norah asked, watching the men as they were laughing at something on the menu.

"About two years ago." It suddenly hit Alice what she had said and her eyes grew wide and her face started to turn red.

Norah shrugged. "Don't worry about it. You obviously said no."

"I'll kill him. No better yet I'll tell his mother and she can kill him."