Chapter 11

When she woke Caleb was still nowhere to be found but Scarlett was laying on the floor next to the bed snoring. Looking at the clock she realized it was still early and she slowly got up testing her back. It seemed better but she was still a bit stiff. Since she would be driving she couldn't take another muscle relaxer so she took some anti-inflammatory then moved to the bathroom to take her shower. Washing her hair was slow going but she managed then she dressed in a t-shirt and jeans before picking up her sketch book and pencils.

When Caleb got back she was sitting at his desk drawing. She had decided to sketch Lizzy and Brian as she had first seen them facing off with sparks. It was going to be a challenge to capture the passion and love as well as the anger and frustration.

She decided to put a desk between them and had them both leaning forward and into each other barely touching. She was trying to present it in a way that you wanted them to touch.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" Caleb headed for the stairs.

"Whenever you are," Norah said, not looking up from her drawing.

She felt him return half an hour later, felt his heat as he came up behind her. She looked up at him noting that had not bothered to shave and he still had not buttoned his shirt. He was looking at her sketch as he rolled up his sleeves.

"You've caught them well. Lizzy will be pleased." He put his hand on her shoulder and Norah couldn't help but jump in response.

"This was how I first saw them. I couldn't decide if they were angry at each other or not."

"None of us can. I feel for Brian, he has his hands full but it's obvious he thrives on her, and to hear Lizzy tell it she has been in love with Brian since she was fifteen."

"Isn't he much older than her?"

"Twelve years, I think."

"So he would have been twenty-seven?" Norah was shocked.

Caleb grinned "Brian often says he felt like a dirty old man. That was probably why it took them so long to finally work it all out, well that and Bryce."

"Bryce?" Norah started to reexamine her drawing seeing if there was a new dimension she could add to it.

"Yes, Brian is Bryce's best friend, but never let it be said that Lizzy doesn't get her own way in the end. She waited fifteen years for him."

"And he waited fifteen years for her," Norah concluded.

Caleb's smile made her catch her breath. "I never thought about it like that but I guess he did. You ready to go?"

Norah looked back at her drawing nodding.

"Does it change what you see?"

"Yes," she said softly. "I see...," she searched for the word. "I see devotion."

Reluctantly she put down her pencil and followed Caleb out the door. She was walking a little slower than usual but she managed with only a little help on the stairs.

This time Caleb led her to the kitchen where Mason and Cassie were in the middle of a very heated discussion.

"Good morning!" Caleb cut them off mid stride. "What's the argument about?"

Cassie turned to him in a huff. "I told him that I had no interest in going to the Tony Awards this year."

"Are you nominated?" Dana asked as she started placing the food on the table.

"No, not this year which is why I think we should skip it."

"And I think it would look bad to only go when we're nominated." They glared at each other across the table.