"Big sister/Mom"

{Sammy pov}     (2062 Words & Sammy's suit at the top^^)

(5 years later ~ Present time)

"Tasha, Wanda lets go", I said through the ear piece as I flew through the air with Wanda trailing close behind. As we were arriving the Institute for Infectious Diseases I heard Sam reply to Steve's previous comment.

The moment my feet touched the floor I instantly started sending Rumlow's men flying in different directions. "Rumlow is on the third floor", Sam said as he passed by both me and Wanda. "Alright Wanda just like we practiced", I said to her as Steve got in position.

"What about the gas", Wanda asked as Steve passed her. "I got it covered", I said before walking my way closer to the sandy colored three story building that was filled with a sleeping gas.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath before opening them and using my telekinetic powers to intertwine with the gas in a way and begin to pull it out of the building in one big cloud; Just as Wanda launched Steve into the second floor. 

I then started raising the gas above the building and high into the sky while Natasha, Sam, and Steve followed after Rumlow.

I was so focused on making sure the gas was evenly dispersed in the air that I hadn't noticed one of Rumlow's men sneaking up behind me until I heard Wanda scream my name and a pain on the right leg.

I let out a yelp of pain and turned around to face the asshole whom shot me. I was clutching my leg and crawling on the floor in pain as I tried to get up. The man dressed in full black raised his gun again and this time had it aimed at my head.

'Shit...', I thought as I raised my hands in surrender. "Any last words...", the man said in a smug voice; I could almost see the smirk on his face. I looked behind him and saw Wanda a few feet away with her hands raised.

"Yeah, Say hello to your mom for me...", I said with a smirk on my face before he was lifted off of the floor and thrown into one of the four pillars of the building knocking him unconscious. Wanda rushed towards me panic evident on his face. "Oh my god, Sam are you ok... oh god", Wanda asked as she looked at my bloody hands that were clutching the bullet wound that was poring out blood.

Wanda and I have always had a connection in a way, sort of like a mother and child or siblings. Especially after Pietro, her twin brother, died two years ago. I'm the only one whom she tells anything to, I couldn't tell you how many times I've found her crying and sobbing after having a bad dream.

I was the shoulder she cried on as she mourned the loss of her brother, and these two years we became close, almost inseparable, We shared a room together in the new Avengers headquarters, and where ever I went she wouldn't be to far behind and vice versa. I help her with her nightmares and she keeps me from my dangerous addiction. 

"I'm fine but we've got to go", I grunted out before reaching into my utility belt across my chest and pulling out a long cloth to wrap around my thigh. Wanda looked at me worriedly and nodded before helping me up before we flew off to chase down Rumlow.

I understood her reason for worrying about me, after all I'm all she has left, and I know she couldn't possibly live with herself if her "big sister/mom" died. But my dumbass gets injured a lot, which in return scares her... a lot.  

As Wanda and I neared the small market I could see the damage that had already been done before we had gotten there. I stopped flying and instead kept myself in one place as I looked for any sign of Steve. I took me a second to find Steve but when I did I could see him standing in front of a kneeling Rumlow.

"Wanda Steve and Rumlow at two o'clock", I said before descending and landing a little ways away from Steve; Wanda landing much better than I had. I focused in on what Rumlow was saying, as I tried to keep myself balanced on my left leg, and what I heard infuriated me as well as saddened me.