'Earths Mightiest Heroes'

(Sammy pov) (2236 Words)

As I laid on the hospital bed wrapped in T'Challa's sleeping arms I couldn't help but think about the conversation I had with Steve and Tony, as well as how I met them.

~~~~~[Flashback]~~~~~

I had just woken up from surgery and to say I was loopy was and understatement. I felt like I was on cloud 9 with the amount of pain medication I was being given. I felt I wasn't all there in my head and I felt really numb and groggy... 'What the fuck did I do...', I asked myself as I looked up at a white ceiling. 'This isn't my room', I thought to myself as I took in a deep breath of air.

"Where am I", I ask no one in particular as I looked to my left to see a light blue door. "Well Kid to sum it up, your in a hospital", said and arrogant voice to my right, I slowly looked over to see one tall, really built, blond haired, blue eyed man, that looked like a puppy. As well as a shorter average built man, with brown hair, brown eyes, facial hair, and looked really arrogant... Just like his voice.

I looked at them in confusion as I thought back to what the shorter man said. 'Wait... he said, hospital... Fuck!', I thought to myself as I began ripping off the needles and wires in my arms. They immediately rushed to either side and held me down. "No! Let. Me. Go!", I yelled as I struggled to get up causing my wings to open and start flapping and knocking over things.

"Miss, you need to relax...", the blond puppy looking guy grunted out as I wacked him with my right wing. "Kid, were not gonna hurt you... Oww!!!", The shorter man said as I hit him with my left wing and managed to smack him right in the eye. Feathers were going every where as I flapped while I struggled.

"No! There gonna take me!!!", I yelled out before ripping my arm away from the short dude and launching my fist as the buff guy. There was a smacking sound before I no longer felt his hands on my arm. I suddenly felt exhausted as the two men laid on floor groaning in pain after being slapped around.

I slowly rolled out of bed and fell on the floor hard causing me to let out a groan before stumbling up. My thin legs felt weak and numb but I still attempted to walk over to the window on the right side of the room. I opened the window and almost fell out but I luckily managed to grip onto the window ceil stopping me from falling to my death; seeing as I was on the top floor.

"...Cap ... Grab her...", Tony groaned out as he steadied himself and rubbed his watery eyes. 'Looks like it's time to learn', I thought before I opened my wings and pushed off of the window ledge; I'd say I got roughly a foot and a half away from the building before I felt a hand wrap around my hospital dress and pull me back in.

I was pulled flush against a hard body and strong arms kept me in place, "Are you crazy kid", The shorter guy said in disbelief as he closed and locked the window as the taller guy gently placed me back in bed. "If I don't get out of here now they will take me away", I said as I panted and gasped for air and moved to make myself comfortable. "...Tony... go get a nurse... please...", The tall man said to the shorter one, Tony, in a, let-me-handle-this, tone.

Tony looked between the tall guy and me before letting out a deep sigh and lightly shook his head as he walked out of the room. "So, um...", he began as he took a seat next to my bed that I now noticed was really stiff, but better than the old spring mattress I had as a bed back home, "Sam...".

"...Ok... So, Sam, who are you so afraid of... Why are you trying to run...", He asked in a quiet and calm tone as he tried to, in a way, relax me; considering how noticeably tense my body is. "...", I said noting and looked down at my hands that were unconsciously picking the dirt from under my fingernails. This was something I commonly did when I was nervous, as well as chewing my nails, and biting the skin beside my nails.